Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Delirium 20th June 2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 348152)
My BURNING and TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN are both taking forever to arrive. If their not there by estimated delivery its time to fail a complaint, most likely theres another rogue mailman opening parcels. I'm worried because a friend of mine who ordered the same time I did had his stuff arrive last week..

I ordered a small bundle from Barnes & Noble and they delayed my TTDS, only just sending it yesterday, so they claim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 348030)
Who did you order them from Delirium?

Other stuff is from random places: Amazon sellers, US forumites, US stores. But as I say, the US stuff is ALL severely delayed, hence my concern. As I say, used to get stuff within a week to a week and a half, so now getting very worried - and have no doubts they've been sent.

keirarts 20th June 2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 348154)
I ordered a small bundle from Barnes & Noble and they delayed my TTDS, only just sending it yesterday, so they claim.

Other stuff is from random places: Amazon sellers, US forumites, US stores. But as I say, the US stuff is ALL severely delayed, hence my concern. As I say, used to get stuff within a week to a week and a half, so now getting very worried - and have no doubts they've been sent.

In every case you have comeback.

My main frustration is that I landed TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN at a totally bargain price, about £8.39 or something. I know i'll get my money back if it doesent arrive but I wont get it at that price point again. :(

That said they COULD show up today. It would be a pity as the weather is so lovely outside i'm going to make the most of it. Had an interview for CEX on tuesday, it went well, so hopefully i'll be gainfully employed and blowing my wages on a weekly basis soon. It does mean that i'll be in work on days like this so might as well make the most of them!

keirarts 20th June 2013 07:07 AM

Also on the topic of smoking as mentioned above..

I quit around 2008. Went cold turkey. Best decision ever and i've not looked back. Not only do I feel better, I lost weight and all those purchases I used to post on here before I got made redundant were pretty much financed by that decision. Essentially I gave up one vice for another. My current dvd/blu vice wont give me cancer either (well so long as I avoid michael bay films!)

Slippery Jack 20th June 2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 348117)
I'm very interested in this movie, sounds good.

Would you recommend it? And if I didn't like it, do you think it would become as valuable as the Deep End set?

Bloody too right I recommend it :rockon: Ben Gazarra AND Seymour Cassell? C'mon !!! ...and yes, I predict it will go up in price (possibly more so with it being more well known, and having loads of great extras on the exclusive third disc) . . .

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th June 2013 12:04 PM

Afternoon off from work today and come home to find....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/20/9y8yjuqe.jpg

Someone's put the Foxy Brown sleeve in the wrong way I noticed. Usually the new artwork on show.

fuzzymctiger 20th June 2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 348183)
Afternoon off from work today and come home to find....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/20/9y8yjuqe.jpg

Someone's put the Foxy Brown sleeve in the wrong way I noticed. Usually the new artwork on show.

Sweet, hopefully all my missing Arrow stuff shows up soon then.

fuzzymctiger 20th June 2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 348162)
Bloody too right I recommend it :rockon: Ben Gazarra AND Seymour Cassell? C'mon !!! ...and yes, I predict it will go up in price (possibly more so with it being more well known, and having loads of great extras on the exclusive third disc) . . .

Sounds like a worthwhile purchase then!

May grab this and Scanners tomorrow night then :nod:

Susan Foreman 20th June 2013 12:22 PM

Charity shops:

Paranormal Activity 3 - DVD - £2:50
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - DVD - £6:00
Scream 4 - Blu-Ray - £2:50
Men in Black 3 - Blu-Ray - £3:99

Currently waiting on:

Foxy Brown/Spider Baby - Arrow Pre-release order
House by the Cemetery - Arrow Ltd Edition Blu-ray - via Amazon

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th June 2013 12:30 PM

Unfortunately, Spider Baby hasn't arrived, but the Redemption BD of Schizo did, and Sainsbury's have shipped my Foxy Brown Steelbook.

keirarts 20th June 2013 01:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 112994 Attachment 112995

Arrived today. Panic over with regards to the burning. Now all I need to turn up is townn that dreaded sundown. Not quite hollywood is ludicrously cheap at the minute and highly reccomended.