Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SCM 5th July 2013 10:50 AM

Just ordered off Amazon: Xtro, Rosemary's Killer and the Arrowdrome version of The Exterminator. Also ordered Ponyo for my mates birthday.

Sobral 5th July 2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 350964)
Madman website has the first 3 of these box sets on sale at the modern for $25

Forgot to mention, in case anyone is interested, when ordering from outside of Australia Madman deducts the VAT, that makes it 22.68+9.50 AUD.

I ordered the Showa Vol 2 from Importcds, as it was only ~12USD plus shipping, which is the price for their Madman single disc releases, the day after it went up to +35USD, it's been on back-order for more than a week now, hope it wasn't a mistake and they cancel it after the price goes up on Madman...

Frankenhooker 5th July 2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 351008)
Just been to my local Asda, Tesco, and Blockbuster, and NONE of them had A Field in England :mmph:. So that's what I haven't bought recently :( . . .

It's just popped up on my Twitter that the only stores selling it today are HMV and WHSmiths. Sainsbury's and Asda are selling it from Monday.

Slippery Jack 5th July 2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 351043)
It's just popped up on my Twitter that the only stores selling it today are HMV and WHSmiths. Sainsbury's and Asda are selling it from Monday.

You think they might've put that on the film's website before today :rolleyes:

I'm off to London Town for the day tomorrow, so I'll get it then . . .

Refused 5th July 2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 351043)

Smiths!? It's not the bloody 90s. Most of their stores have pretty much stopped selling DVDs.
I'll probably just watch it for free on the telly. From some of the reviews it sounds interesting, but not something I'm going to want to watch multiple times.

trebor8273 5th July 2013 01:45 PM

6 Attachment(s)
picked some stuff up from granger games. also blind buys of goatman murders and the lodge from asda. Garth marenghis darkplace was another blind buy, has anyone seen it?

Slippery Jack 5th July 2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 351045)
Smiths!? It's not the bloody 90s. Most of their stores have pretty much stopped selling DVDs.

I know yeah! I was just trying to think of one near me that still sells dvds :confused: . . .

Refused 5th July 2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 351046)
picked some stuff up from granger games. also blind buys of goatman murders and the lodge from asda. Garth marenghis darkplace was another blind buy, has anyone seen it?

Darkplace is ruddy great.

Delirium 5th July 2013 02:22 PM

I picked up A Field in England today. A brave move considering its on Film4 tonight, but I have loved everything Wheatley's done so far and a trippy, English horror infused experimental film sounds right up my street.

Quote:

Garth marenghis darkplace was another blind buy, has anyone seen it?

Yes, it's really quite brilliant. Very, very funny with a really good cast. A good choice, sir!

troggi 5th July 2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Another falls to the Goatman!