Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th July 2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 351243)
Yeah, looking forward to Eye Of The Tiger. I have the cheap UK dvd of Cyclone and I was really surprised to see this one is widesceen. So I can't wait to see it again either.

Both look stunning as well. I don't know why they haven't had a blu release (niche titles possibly).

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th July 2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 351245)
Both look stunning as well. I don't know why they haven't had a blu release (niche titles possibly).

I had a quick look at Eye Of The Tiger earlier. It does look really good. As you say, I think it's more to do with them being niche titles and selling more this way for Shout.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th July 2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 351247)
I had a quick look at Eye Of The Tiger earlier. It does look really good. As you say, I think it's more to do with them being niche titles and selling more this way for Shout.

Having seen the quality of these budget releases i can't wait for the forthcoming horror and sci-fi sets.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th July 2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 351238)
Since payday was last weekend, I splashed out on this months films (well, most of them. Still a few later in the month). God knows what I'm going to do if I ever get a real life and have more important things to spend my money on!

Cross that bridge when you come to it – that's my plan!

keirarts 6th July 2013 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 114168

Didnt even know they had done a new TRIGUN series.

Better yet it was only £9.99 on blu-ray in HMV!

trebor8273 6th July 2013 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 114169This turned up today. Was also expecting nightmare on elm street collection, but when I found out it was yodel delivering I knew it was not to be.

troggi 6th July 2013 06:06 PM

Went shopping to Havant for a change. Havant has lots of charity shops but I had to restrain myself because "The Voice of Reason" AKA my wife, Pearl, kept saying things like "that's nearly £10 you've spent!" and "are you trying to buy one in each shop?"

Despite the barrage I managed to purchase:
"Soulkeeper"
"The Invasion"
"Dreamhouse"
"Fallen"
"The Tall Man"

All for a gnat's under £8

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th July 2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 351269)
"The Tall Man"

Is that the Jessica Biel film Troggi?

I have it but haven't seen it yet, its supposed to be excellent. :woot:

troggi 6th July 2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 351276)

Yes it am! Picked up in the PDSA shop with "Dreamhouse" at 2 for £3. I was surprised at "The Tall Man" being in the charity shop already because it is so recent!

Delirium 6th July 2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 351276)

More like "Is that the Pascal Laugier film?" - after all, he's the guy behind the excellent Martyrs. ;)

I liked The Tall Man, but it isn't as good as his last two films by any stretch. It's interesting though; far more commercial than his last two, but it proves that Laugier is a director that has some interesting ideas, and the film goes to places you don't expect. The trailer sells it as a very different film to the one you actually get which I found refreshing.