Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

the blob 24th July 2010 09:14 PM

Just out of interest, where are you all getting your US discs from? Last time I imported was about 5/6 years ago, back in the days when DVD Pacific were still cheap for shipping and DVD Soon hadn't long gone under. I'm thinking I'll be using Axel Music a lot when I get back but just wondering who's good and reliable these days?

Andra Jai 24th July 2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 93916)
Just out of interest, where are you all getting your US discs from? Last time I imported was about 5/6 years ago, back in the days when DVD Pacific were still cheap for shipping and DVD Soon hadn't long gone under. I'm thinking I'll be using Axel Music a lot when I get back but just wondering who's good and reliable these days?

Personally I usually check playusa.com first they recently had rambo for £10.99 delivered and breakfast club was £13.99 delivered.

The only problem with play usa is if you have an objection to Canadian bi-lingual covers, which although I prefer the US ones, at the moment I'd rather save £3 or £4 on the disc overall.

Playzocker 24th July 2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phelings (Post 93898)
Anyone who buys hardware from Movietyme is asking for trouble.
If you look at the T&C's for hardware you will see that MT themselves are only interested in helping out if players go wrong within 30 days. [...] For fully multiregion hardware you should call Multiregion Magic. UK based and apparently the only supplier of players that are multiregional for Bluray.
Other places like Richer Sounds are still only offering Bluray players that are MR for dvd

THX for that ... I only once stumbled upon MT and remembered them maybe because of the "nice" prices ... since I don't live in the UK I'd either need a reliable online shop or someone operationg from Germany or Austria.

Right about now, I'm using a Dyon Horizon, which is codefree for both BDs and DVDs. As long as this guy's working, I'm happy, even though he can only be plugged into the TV so sometimes, I will have to get a region free BD player with optical out ... and that's gonna cost :D

re.form 25th July 2010 03:11 PM

Just ordered Ratman. Looking forward to adding it to the other yellow covers.

Aurora75 25th July 2010 04:15 PM

Just received 'Starcrash'. Hasselhoff and the stunning Caroline Munro in a bad 80'a Star Wars rip-off. :)

alex s 26th July 2010 07:50 AM

my most recent purchase

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/a...27/tortura.jpg

Whirlwind 26th July 2010 06:30 PM

The Kid With The Golden Arm

1 Attachment(s)
The Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock Shaws are the best out there so I make sure to keep up with them, whatever they are!
City of the Living Dead is my first Arrow DVD , well pleased with it :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th July 2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex s (Post 94076)

Looks nice Alex.....:ack: :laugh:

Make Them Die Slowly 28th July 2010 10:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I just ordered these two.

antmumford 28th July 2010 12:15 PM

I went on a bit of a Jackie Chan Spree this weekend, can't remember what they all were but off the top of my head:

Wheels on Meals
Dragon Forever
Police Story 2
Rumble in the Bronx (Asian and International Edit)
Master With Cracked Fingers
Twin Dragons (Asian and International Edit)
Twins Effect
Snake in the Eagles Shadow
Crime Story
The Tuxedo
Drunken Master
Rush Hour Trilogy box set
Shanghai Noon and Knights box set
My Stunts and My Story (double documentary)
The Accidental Spy (Asian Edit)
Legend of Drunken Master Blu-ray
City hunter