Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Zann 10th July 2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 351792)
It really is - I think it manages to improve on the Lustig film in some ways too.

Hell no! I liked it but it lacks the nastiness of the original, NYC and Joe Spinell...it's a very different film.

Paul@TheOverlook 10th July 2013 06:45 AM

It is and don't get me wrong, the original will always be great for the reasons you mention,I just think the remake is a better written film - the relationship between Frank and the photographer is far more convincing, for instance.

fuzzymctiger 10th July 2013 06:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Everything I've been waiting on all turned up at once yesterday! Right before I left to go see World War Z (fantastic set pieces, extremely anti-climatic ending :( )

Attachment 114285

Death Ship and a very nice Akira tin courtesy of Oaxaca

Attachment 114286

Arrow Films I've been waiting about 2 months for rock up finally after a long complaint to Arrow about repeated order mistakes.

Attachment 114287

Before WWZ, I was browsing in a JB HiFi with a $40 voucher when I spotted this beauty of a set I've been after for a while, in a SciFi sale for only $35. Watched The Final Cut last night, absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Frankenhooker 10th July 2013 10:45 AM

I picked up 8mm (which is underrated in my opinion) and The Good, The Bad And The Weird from a charity shop and I'm A Cyborg and Tetsuo fom CEX, I haven't seen the latter but the sleeve compares it to Lynch (it looks Eraserhead-ish) and Cronenberg, that made it impossible to refuse.

Demoncrat 10th July 2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 351808)
I picked up 8mm (which is underrated in my opinion) and The Good, The Bad And The Weird from a charity shop and I'm A Cyborg and Tetsuo fom CEX, I haven't seen the latter but the sleeve compares it to Lynch (it looks Eraserhead-ish) and Cronenberg, that made it impossible to refuse.

Haven't seen Tetsuo? Oooh. How big is your TV??

Demoncrat 10th July 2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 351727)
Just placed a order for this.

Amazon.com: SciFi Movie Marathon (America 3000, Arena, Eliminators & The Time Guardians): Chuck Wagner, Denise Crosby, Dean Stockwell, Carrie Fisher, David Engelbach: Movies & TV

Only bought it for eliminators which enjoyed when I was a kid, can't remember seeing the others, so they will be a bonus

Claudia Christian!!! Uuuuuuuhhhh. I have to go.....;)

Bringer Of Funerals 10th July 2013 11:18 AM

Saturday Night Fever (30th Anniverseray Edition) on blu. is it any good on blu or shit?

Frankenhooker 10th July 2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 351816)
Haven't seen Tetsuo? Oooh. How big is your TV??

46-inch in the living room, 42-inch in the spare/games room. I can't see my missus letting me watch it in the living room, Eraserhead 'upset' her.

TJ Doc 10th July 2013 01:17 PM

Arrow have a sale going on, so I ordered Black Sunday and Motel Hell.

The former will be the first Mario Bava film I've seen, so if I like it enough I'll definitely pick up Baron Blood and Black Sabbath soon after.

Rik 10th July 2013 01:41 PM

I hope this sale lasts a couple of weeks, I'm skint at the minute, but its my birthday next week