Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Refused 19th July 2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 353422)
Well got a few from same seller and I think they must be legit as not complaints on ebay and I don't even think its possible to pirate blu ray movies. Just strange there all Sony movies and none have age certificates , but they all play and suppose that's the main thing

Edit
It's the same for the dvds, but there are age certificates on the discs themselves

As Stephen said, they're more than likely imports from the US.
Also, it is absolutely possible to pirate blu-ray movies but that is naughty and wrong so we won't talk about it.

trebor8273 19th July 2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 353425)
As Stephen said, they're more than likely imports from the US.
Also, it is absolutely possible to pirate blu-ray movies but that is naughty and wrong so we won't talk about it.

I wasn't condoning piracy just thought it might be a option, but was 99% certain it was impossible on blu ray. But more than happy with my purchases especially for the amount I paid, just found it strange no age certificates

Yes Stephen all the ones I have bought have been slimmer cases

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th July 2013 02:01 PM

They appear to be completely legitimate, but it's strange because the EANs are very similar to those on UK releases but they are in HD Slim cases and, when I've Googled the numbers, the first results are for South Africa-based retailers.

Very strange!

Nordicdusk 19th July 2013 02:04 PM

Django Prepare a Coffin Blu
Foxy Brown Blu
Blow Out Blu
Motel Hell Blu
Deadly Blessing Blu

All arrived today from Arrow the rest of my order was out of stock so i should have the rest next week. Great night of films ahead tonight.

PaulD 19th July 2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 353418)
The killer bong films are idiotic but strangely entertaining. I actually have an official full moon Killer Bong model.

Went into the new CEX this morning. Picked up the Dolph Lundgren movie PENTATHALON on Blu-ray for £3. As I went to the counter the member of staff was telling the bloke in front that he couldent trade in the item he had because there was no BBFC certificate. I had a sneaky peak and IT WAS MY F*****G COPY OF TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN. I recognised the little creep, its the local junky (one of them at least) that almost got my ARROW order at XMAS. Looks like the idiot postie probably dropped the package through the wrong door :( Couldent PROVE it was mine so offered the desperate little scumbag a fiver and took it off his hands. As ALLYOURMUSIC refunded me the disc ended up costing just the fiver. After that I went to the local post office and lodged a complaint.

Bloody hell keirarts! A cracking bit of luck! Nice one :)

trebor8273 19th July 2013 03:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
well these where waiting when i got home, but sadly also was the post office card. which says two items which can only be the last 3 blu rays i'm awaiting from arrow sale(which where the first ones i ordered black sabbath, black sunday and knightriders). so i cant understand how they didn't get posted, one parcel of two and one of one and just tried and two movies can fit into letterbox, these where the ones i was most looking forward too, suppose its something to look forward to next week.

edit
postcards where invasion of the body snatchers and street trash

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th July 2013 03:24 PM

I bet it's the same as happens to me. Idiots put them together with an elastic band, and they won't fit through the letterbox. I swear postmen must have an IQ of 5.

demonknight 19th July 2013 03:49 PM

I would imagine no rating certificates equals discs from the US.
I should have known :doh:

SShaw 19th July 2013 05:58 PM

Need to get in training for the next two weeks so I bought four new blu-rays on the way home this evening:

A Good Day to Die Hard (hey I liked it in the cinema)
Paris, Texas (classic Wenders finally makes it to blu here in Germany)
Girls Against Boys
Comedown

BAKA 19th July 2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 353446)
well these where waiting when i got home, but sadly also was the post office card. which says two items which can only be the last 3 blu rays i'm awaiting from arrow sale(which where the first ones i ordered black sabbath, black sunday and knightriders). so i cant understand how they didn't get posted, one parcel of two and one of one and just tried and two movies can fit into letterbox, these where the ones i was most looking forward too, suppose its something to look forward to next week.

Those little cards really wind me up.

I'm not sure all those cheap Ebay titles everyone seems to be picking up are US versions either. The I Know What You Did Last Summer cover that Nos posted seems to be different to the US version. I'm positive they are official though, there are a plethora of markets they could be from, browsing Blu-ray.com with all worldwide versions selected.