Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

brain dead 1st August 2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 95220)
Beetlejuice (Warner)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) (Fox)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (Fox)

Are these bd's any good (technically)?

Can't speak for the euro versions, but the US versions of Beetlejuice and The Day The Earth Stood Still are worthy pickups. Neither is gonna blow you away, with TDTESS being the closer to gonna blow you way of the two.

pedromonkey 2nd August 2010 01:39 PM

just picked up SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT 1,2+3 for 6.80...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd August 2010 03:43 PM

I received the despatched notification e-mail for the Psycho BD that I pre-ordered months ago and completely forgot about! One other bonus things is that it isn't actually released for another week so I'll hopefully have it by the weekend.

the blob 2nd August 2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 95298)
I received the despatched notification e-mail for the Psycho BD that I pre-ordered months ago and completely forgot about! One other bonus things is that it isn't actually released for another week so I'll hopefully have it by the weekend.

Wow! I didn't realise that was so soon! I've always just thought of the US release date. Definitely want to hear what you think of it when it arrives, quality-wise. :)

Sam 2nd August 2010 04:33 PM

Picked up Jess Franco's Jack the Ripper for £2 in Fopp today. They had a load more Jess Franco films at the same price (Blue Rita, Love Camp, Eugenieetc) but these aren't really my bag...

bdc 2nd August 2010 06:13 PM

Thanks for the info! :)
I just picked them up because they were fun films and cheaply available.
Will be getting me some Arrow bd's soon I think!

dangerous_jamie 2nd August 2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 92277)
I've got a few of the Pop Flix collections and have been pleasantly surprised by some of the transfers (not all of em mind... :rolleyes:). I've got the one you've ordered but haven't got round to watching it yet. If you're into Italian Crime Films, the Big Guns Collection is worth checking out too...

There is loads of pixeling on Street Law, but that's the only one I have watched so far...

antmumford 2nd August 2010 09:23 PM

The Legend of Drunken Master (Drunken Master 2) :woot:Blu-ray arrived today. Just finished watching it and Oh My God is that film just phenomenal or what? If you haven't seen it then you must.... like right now. It has some of THE most incredibly jaw dropping hand to hand fight scenes ever put to film. As for picture quality, well I'm blown away. I know I own the poor quality Hong Kong VHS release so whatever I see is going to be a drastic improvement from that but I really thought it was a great transfer. Sharp, colourful and clear but still with it's essential grain. What more could you want from a release like this. Easily a 5 out of 5 film.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd August 2010 09:25 PM

Optimum's discs of RAW DEAL,RED HEAT and RED SONJA all look and sound great!

A few bits of grain Steve.Sorted.;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd August 2010 09:59 PM

Haha. You'd have a heart attack at Humanoids From The Deep on BD Reaps. I don't know about the dvd but the booklet inside the case has a little message telling you how grainy the image is.....and it is! :D