Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

napalm-in-the-morning 6th August 2013 08:00 PM

Soldier Blue on German blu ray. Never seen this uncut and it's not overpriced for an import. I don't think the bbfc will ever let the horse falls past even if the carnage is dated. Not expecting hi def miracles though or even any extras.

bdc 6th August 2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 356753)
I use power dvd from ten onwards. Ten can be picked up quite cheap might also want to use a program called DVD pass key which resets the number of times you can reset the region code in effect making it region free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 356796)
Even when you do get software, it's usually not very good.

I use Cyberlink PowerDVD HD with mine - it's pretty decent.

Thanks for the tips,I'm currently looking into a free player called Potplayer (PotPlayer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th August 2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 356952)
Thanks for the tips,I'm currently looking into a free player called Potplayer (PotPlayer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I also use Power DVD, though not very often. The programme I use most is TotalMedia Theater.

tele1962 7th August 2013 10:32 AM

Just ordered a copy of Witchfinder General from Ebay. :woot:

Thinking of getting Jungle Book.

SharonLynette 7th August 2013 12:39 PM

Network Arrivals from yesterday

2 Attachment(s)
Arrived in a box 4 times the size of the space the dvd's took up. Always makes me wish the box was completely full of lovely Network goodies :cry:

trebor8273 7th August 2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 357048)
Arrived in a box 4 times the size of the space the dvd's took up. Always makes me wish the box was completely full of lovely Network goodies :cry:

I remember there last sale ended up spending nearly 200 :eek:

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th August 2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 357048)

Very nice Sharon. Hours of tv viewing for you. :woot:

SharonLynette 7th August 2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 357049)
I remember there last sale ended up spending nearly 200 :eek:

That would be a dream, I fully support your heavy spending on Network, I wish I could do the same. If I'm back in work I plan to save around £100 for the next one, there is one box set I really want that is usually around £60 but has been at £30 both times, trouble is I'm so greedy I want loads of different ones rather than spending my money on one big thing. I'm such a child.

SharonLynette 7th August 2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 357053)
Very nice Sharon. Hours of tv viewing for you. :woot:

Starting this weekend!

Larusso 7th August 2013 01:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I've been so much stuff this summer I can't be bothered posting all. But I got this some weeks ago! It comes with a special edition blu-ray

Attachment 116458
Attachment 116459
Attachment 116460

$37 from Drafthouse Films