Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Gigantor 3rd August 2010 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 95288)
just picked up SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT 1,2+3 for 6.80...

HA HA Right on Pedro!
I saw this release online and it made me smile...
Ill be picking up a copy soon enough as well.

BioZombie 3rd August 2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 95372)
The Legend of Drunken Master (Drunken Master 2) :woot:Blu-ray arrived today. Just finished watching it and Oh My God is that film just phenomenal or what? If you haven't seen it then you must.... like right now. It has some of THE most incredibly jaw dropping hand to hand fight scenes ever put to film. As for picture quality, well I'm blown away. I know I own the poor quality Hong Kong VHS release so whatever I see is going to be a drastic improvement from that but I really thought it was a great transfer. Sharp, colourful and clear but still with it's essential grain. What more could you want from a release like this. Easily a 5 out of 5 film.

Hey ant, is this reigon locked? Also Im guessing its the cut version with the different music. I have an uncut reigon 3 dvd but the picture quality is terrible would love to upgrade to blu if its any good.

antmumford 3rd August 2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 95424)
Hey ant, is this reigon locked? Also Im guessing its the cut version with the different music. I have an uncut reigon 3 dvd but the picture quality is terrible would love to upgrade to blu if its any good.

It's region free mate. Pick it up :D I don't have a multi region player, just my PS3. Watching the fight scenes in HD literally took my breath away. Kelly had to shake me at times to make sure I was okay :lol:

pedromonkey 3rd August 2010 02:04 PM

just finished work and as i was working to the shop to get a packet of smokes, i walked passed a charity shop, in the window was War and Remembrance, the epic 20 hour WW2 mini series that sells for 85 quid for the complete on DVD and 140 quid on VHS for part 2 alone, just got it for 4.48 for the entire collection on VHS....bargain or what?

the blob 3rd August 2010 03:44 PM

Watched Logan's Run last night. I first saw it as a kid in the cinema, have watched it many times since and I still find it highly enjoyable. It's not a film with huge amounts of substance but there's something about '70's sci-fi pre-Star Wars that really grabs me, whether it's the future gone wrong or sinister sterile utopia's where life has no meaning, Plenty of model and matte work to give it a tactile feeling too.

I've still got the dvd but it's in the UK so couldn't compare the two. Nice clean print but a lot of it is soft-focus so it's not something to tout the abilities of HD with but immediately the solid red clothing and general colour stability shone out. There's a nice fine layer of grain throughout and low level detail in the few darker scenes is a big improvement. The transfer shines more when you get to the outdoor scenes, with a more vibrant feel than the bleak domed city.

It's also one of those film that has always puzzled me regarding the BBFC. It was an 'A' and I must have been only 8 or 9 when I saw it but they had no qualms about letting me see Jenny Agutter's T & A as well as the short dark orgy room scene.

LeRolls 3rd August 2010 03:59 PM

Recently picked up the following Blu-Rays:

Galaxy of Terror
Forbidden World
GI Joe: The Movie (animated)
Rambo Extended Cut
Batman: Under the Red Hood

Will probably be getting Escape From New York next.

nekromantik 5th August 2010 12:07 AM

Just placed me pre order for The Final UK DVD :)

Prowler 5th August 2010 02:30 AM

Pirahna Blu-ray
Humanoids From the Deep Blu-ray
Commando Blu-ray

robertzombie 6th August 2010 12:32 PM

Just nabbed a Millennium Edition 'I Spit' for £6.99 :D

BioZombie 6th August 2010 12:39 PM

I have finally got round to picking up Cannibal Holocaust on dvd. I got the 2 disc Grindhouse Releasing edition for £13 from ebay.