Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

troggi 15th August 2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 359080)
I really do think I have some sort of addition, and there is only so much time in world at the rate I'm getting stuff it will take me a hundred years watching none stop to watch everything!!

Mind this place is to blame with people posting all these great and not so great films.:lol:

I'm just glad I have such a poorly paid job and a wife who knows where the rolling pin is! :pound::pound:

Make Them Die Slowly 15th August 2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 359085)
I'm just glad I have such a poorly paid job and a wife who knows where the rolling pin is! :pound::pound:

Are you Andy Capp?

troggi 15th August 2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 359090)
Are you Andy Capp?

I do 'ave a flat cap but the missus never wears curlers! :pound:

Wes 15th August 2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 359080)
I really do think I have some sort of addition, and there is only so much time in world at the rate I'm getting stuff it will take me a hundred years watching none stop to watch everything!!

Yep, it's a tough life. I've restricted my collecting these days to stuff that will never show up on TV. So even though I really liked something like Dredd, I'll never own it... I'll make the odd exception for a Tarantino though...

trebor8273 15th August 2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 359098)
Yep, it's a tough life. I've restricted my collecting these days to stuff that will never show up on TV. So even though I really liked something like Dredd, I'll never own it...

I really think I'm going to curve my spending just stick to the stuff I have on order till end of the year, the hardest part for me is deciding what to watch right now I can't decide between

Monty python and the holy grail
The incrediable melting man
Evil dead 2
The hand
Tokyo gore police :confused:

troggi 15th August 2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 359101)
I really think I'm going to curve my spending just stick to the stuff I have on order till end of the year, the hardest part for me is deciding what to watch right now I can't decide between

Monty python an Ethernet holy grail
The incrediable melting man
Evil dead 2
The hand
Tokyo gore police :confused:

I wish I had your dilemma, they all appeal to me too!

trebor8273 15th August 2013 08:58 PM

Why have I put Ethernet ??? God damn stupid auto correction

trebor8273 15th August 2013 09:09 PM

Went with holy grail and its been that long since I've seen it, I completely forgot about the the bob monkhouse film at beginning, thought their was a problem with the disc :doh:

keirarts 15th August 2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 359074)
Yep, same deal over here. I keep hoping some crazy wife will liquidate her cheating husband's Criterion Collection in the local Oxfam, but it never happens...

I still remember walking into my local British heart foundation to discover someone had unloaded a massive anime collection. I was getting complete 26 episode series at £1.99-£3.99 each! It depended on the size of the case as charity shops have a tendency to view slimpacks as single films and charge less..

nosferatu42 16th August 2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 359037)
some stuff from cex and that's entertainment.

blind buys

dummy
embodiment of evil
gods and generals
paperhouse
the city of lost children
cubby house
zombies vs strippers

any opinions would be welcome. :)

I haven't seen all of them,but of your blind buys i'd say head straight for 'City of lost children' it's mind bending stuff and really entertaining. :)
'Paperhouse' is interesting but a little dull.:pop2:
'Embodiment of evil' is ok, quite gory in places but my favourite Coffin Joe films are the first two 'At midnight i will take your soul' and 'This night i will possess your corpse'. Corpse is my favourite, it's in black & white then suddenly at the end lurches into colour for a trippy descent into hell sequence.:woot: