Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151384Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2013, 01:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

My purchases today. I know what you're all probably thinking: "But aren't you usually skint so far into the month, Marc?"

Well, I usually am, but certain family members owed me money and I had to get all "Loan Shark" on their arses!

I haven't seen any if these films, so if you could give me some feedback, that'd be great!
Old 17th August 2013, 01:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Film of year, I shudder to think what else mr dean boor has seen!
troggi likes this.
Old 17th August 2013, 01:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Maybe I should stop posting stills for the sake of your wallet, trebor!
I know TVP is definitely one of the most ****ed up films I've ever seen!
Old 17th August 2013, 01:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
My purchases today. I know what you're all probably thinking: "But aren't you usually skint so far into the month, Marc?"

Well, I usually am, but certain family members owed me money and I had to get all "Loan Shark" on their arses!

I haven't seen any if these films, so if you could give me some feedback, that'd be great!

Of the ones I've seen,

Silent hill very bad, not a patch on the first which in itself wasn't a great film.

Invasion of the body snatchers an absolute classic. But I do like the remake more as I found it very creepy.

Dracula 1972 a lot of people didn't like it but I have a fond place for it.

Last edited by trebor8273; 17th August 2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 17th August 2013, 02:09 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
Actually my first thought was "Why on earth did you buy Silent Hill Revelation?!" then I read that all these purchases were blind buys.

The other films you picked up certainly make up for it: The original Invasion of the Body Snatchers is an absolute classic of the horror sci-fi genre, as is the Asphalt jungle to the Film Noir genre. Dracula AD 1972, whilst labelled a bit cheesy by most is actually one of my favourite Hammer Dracula films, and The Spiral Staircase is an effectively creepy little thriller. Great purchases, overall.

Last edited by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs; 17th August 2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 17th August 2013, 02:22 PM
Cult Addict

My favourite Bodysnatchers film is the 70's one too, but only just because the original is a classic as well. I just find the first remake creepier.

Dracula A.D 1972 is not the best of the series but i quite like it, the opening scene is really good and it features quite a few hot mama's, also i love the dodgy fashion and music too. (oh and Peter Cushing's back which is always a good thing.)

Spiral Staircase is a really good film in my opinion and quite creepy in places.
ArgentoFan1987 and troggi like this.
Old 17th August 2013, 02:29 PM
Cultist

In the post today was the 50 Shades of De Sade release from BU. I loathe the attempt to cash in on some popular book and the packaging (especially as mine was damaged in the post, resulting in loose discs! Boo!) but it's an affordable way to get some great sleaze. I enjoyed Eugenie and the short documentary on the disc.
Had a look at a local carboot but there was nothing. Hoping it doesn't rain tomorrow so I can check out some others.
bdc and troggi like this.
Old 17th August 2013, 02:38 PM
Cultist in Training

Recent buys in the past few weeks
Plan 9 from Outer Space - Blu
Street Trash - Blu
Stein's Gate vol 1 - Blu
Friday Night Lights TV - seasons 1-5 Box - DVD
X-ray / Schizoid - Blu (For anyone who's not blu-ray multi-region it plays fine in my region B player although stating region A on back cover)
bdc, Sobral, BAKA and 2 others like this.
Old 17th August 2013, 03:07 PM
Cult Addict

cradlefear.jpg
martyrs.jpg
henry.jpg
Slaughterhouse-Five.jpg
Have seen 'Henry' and 'Cradle' before but a few years ago, remember thinking 'Henry' was good and well acted but quite bleak.
'Cradle' was no masterpiece but was entertaining and features Emily Booth and Eileen Daly (in a state of undress which is ok by me. so for a quid i thought it was worth another view.
'Martyrs' was £2 and i've been thinking about watching this for a while, supposed to be harsh but good.
'Slaughterhouse Five' has been on my wish list for a while, i've read the book and found it very interesting and unusual, so wanted to see how the film turned out.
Old 17th August 2013, 03:40 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

This weeks arrivals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51Yh5JNLN-L.jpg (48.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 51ANS1GDRAL.jpg (37.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 513e2uuKjFL.jpg (47.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 91KwqGIG9IL._SL1500_.jpg (89.8 KB, 9 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!