Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nosferatu42 18th August 2013 09:46 PM

Personally 'Phantom' is my least favourite of the prequels, Jar jar and the young Anakin are pretty annoying. I really liked Darth Maul but he's hardly in it until the final battle.(Did enjoy the pod race though.)
Oh and the Yoda puppet was terrible.:eek:
My favourite was 'Revenge of the Sith' although i could have done without Vaders Noooooooooo!!!! scene. ;)

keirarts 18th August 2013 10:23 PM

Watched Phantom menace. Jesus! I forgot how bad Jake loyd is. Almost as bad as Jar Jar... ALMOST.

Then got onto episode 2... better than phantom, less Jar Jar and we get christopher Lee as a baddy...

Going to watch episode 3 now...

Really wishing the team that worked on the Clone Wars series had written them.

keirarts 18th August 2013 10:31 PM

Also It would have been nice if Christopher lee had been a decade or so younger and show the rest of the cast exactly how swordfighting should look...

Susan Foreman 18th August 2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 359674)
I thought I had a copy of Ronnie Barker's 1970s film "Futtock's End" turns out that although the case said it was and the DVD label said it was it wasn't

So, what was it then?

troggi 18th August 2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 359785)
So, what was it then?

I can't remember, Suzi. I'll 'ave t' dig it out and tell y' later!

napalm-in-the-morning 19th August 2013 09:15 AM

Oblivion on blu. Weird new packaging with swap over artwork but no spine title. Can't see it catching on.

Delirium 19th August 2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napalm-in-the-morning (Post 359812)
Oblivion on blu. Weird new packaging with swap over artwork but no spine title. Can't see it catching on.

That'll be the new 'Fr4me' packaging that they hope will replace steel books.

They look like s4it if you ask me.

trebor8273 19th August 2013 12:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

was it a strange white plastic box saw it in Morrison. :censored: awful but in Tesco it was a normal blu ray case:confused:

just one delivery for me today. also picture of new packaging i really hope this doesn't catch on looks cheap and tacky.

PaulD 19th August 2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

'Oblivion' UK bluray- Fr4me - YouTube

Found this on YT. Looks bloody awful. Not only is it thicker than the standard UK amarays but how the hell are you meant to find your film on the shelf with no spine title? Who the f--k came up with that genius idea?

It also looks tricky to change the cover and Oblivion doesn't even have a good reverse on it

trebor8273 19th August 2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 359847)
'Oblivion' UK bluray- Fr4me - YouTube

Found this on YT. Looks bloody awful. Not only is it thicker than the standard UK amarays but how the hell are you meant to find your film on the shelf with no spine title? Who the f--k came up with that genius idea?

Who ever came up with this needs taking outside and beating with a big stick.