Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 20th August 2013 06:27 PM

From amazons two blu rays for £10

Zatoichi and Brazil

Sam 20th August 2013 07:30 PM

Bought Campsite Massacre from ebay for 99p (+ £2 delivery). The picture quality is meant to be pretty much VHS standard but I can't resist 80s slashers and I'm not aware of any other readily-available releases.

The same seller has Red Nights of the Gestapo and Craven's Chiller at the same price - does anyone own these and if so are they any good?

Wes 20th August 2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 360114)
The same seller has Red Nights of the Gestapo and Craven's Chiller at the same price - does anyone own these and if so are they any good?

I haven't heard much good word for the Craven film (a TV movie isn't it?) but I thought Red Nights of the Gestapo was pretty good, certainly one of the better Naziploitation films. Beautiful Italian babes in and out of slinky lingerie. How can you lose ?

Philosophy of a Knife 20th August 2013 08:23 PM

Season 2 of Star Trek TNG came in the post today. Had to get it as I've flown through the first and only have a few episodes left. I wasn't intending to get anymore but it's one of the cool hard cases.

I also picked up a DVD in a charity shop.... Nazi Zombie Death Tales! Couldn't resist with that title but I don't have high expectations. It's 3 shorts. The first sounds cool but is by the director of Bane, which wasn't very good, but it sounds fun. The second i DIRECTOR (how did predictive text come up with - "died toe"!?!) I don't know, but the third is by the guy who directed Hellbride, which I actually enjoyed for its comedic elements. But, yeah, NAZI ZOMBIES!

nekromantik 20th August 2013 08:25 PM

Im tempted to pick up the limited edition of The ABC's of Death.
it comes in a large digibook! so cool!

ABCS OF DEATH Limited Edition Hardcover Book & Special-Edition Bluray - LIMITED TO 666 COPIES WORLDWIDE | Drafthouse Films

troggi 20th August 2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 360144)
Im tempted to pick up the limited edition of The ABC's of Death.
it comes in a large digibook! so cool!

ABCS OF DEATH Limited Edition Hardcover Book & Special-Edition Bluray - LIMITED TO 666 COPIES WORLDWIDE | Drafthouse Films

My daughter is after that too!

Today, on a whim, I picked up "The Last Airbender" (2010) for a pound. Bonus disc included with a couple of episodes from the Nickelodeon cartoon which I used to watch with my son when he was a nipper!

gag 20th August 2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 360194)

Today, on a whim, I picked up "The Last Airbender" (2010) for a pound. Bonus disc included with a couple of episodes from the Nickelodeon cartoon which I used to watch with my son when he was a nipper!

I can remember when that film first come out, my friend txt me to say he was going to watch it, I had never heard of it but he wasn't amused when I replied why are going to watch a film about a gay airline pilot.

troggi 20th August 2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 360196)
I can remember when that film first come out, my friend txt me to say he was going to watch it, I had never heard of it but he wasn't amused when I replied why are going to watch a film about a gay airline pilot.

:pound::pound:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st August 2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 360194)

The film is terrible, so you may just want to keep it for the bonus disc!

troggi 21st August 2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 360217)
The film is terrible, so you may just want to keep it for the bonus disc!

I am pretty okay with the majority of terrible films, despite all I've posted about a certain "Goatman", so I'll still watch the film and enjoy it "in my own idiom!*"

*Courtesy of Sir Lancelot.