Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

troggi 21st August 2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 360341)
If you do already have a copy I'm sure someone will be glad to offer a trade! I know that soon I am going to have to take stock and get rid of some because of lack of storage, so keep me in mind when you want to offload some for swaps, although with the sheer volume of your purchases you probably have 3 copies of everything I have!

Well, on to my charity shop spree this afters:

"Kill Bill volI" £2.25 Why I already have volII is anyone's guess!
"Pulp Fiction" £1.99
"Blazing Saddles" 99p
"Hired to Kill" After Demoncrat's review I had to for 99p!
"Attack of the Giant Leeches"/ "The Amazing Transparent Man"/ "Revolt of the Zombies" 99p
"Crying Freeman" £2.00
"The Road" £1.99

AND before anyone says but you've already got "The Amazing Transparent Man" I know, I know, just leave it, bro, he's not worth it!

Just been to Asda f' some Refresher lollies and come back with "Prometheus" for a fiver! Yeah I've read the reviews, but a fiver!

Nordicdusk 21st August 2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 360356)
Just been to Asda f' some Refresher lollies and come back with "Prometheus" for a fiver! Yeah I've read the reviews, but a fiver!

OOOHHHH Refresher Lollies i mean Prometheus great deal for a fiver. I really enjoyed it i know it get alot of hatred but i like it.

troggi 21st August 2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 360357)
OOOHHHH Refresher Lollies i mean Prometheus great deal for a fiver. I really enjoyed it i know it get alot of hatred but i like it.

Refresher Lollies are my main vice at the moment, I have one every time I take Leo for a walk so he gets more walks than he should!

p.s. They're 6 for a quid in Asda :tongue1:

Nordicdusk 21st August 2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 360361)
Refresher Lollies are my main vice at the moment, I have one every time I take Leo for a walk so he gets more walks than he should!

Your making me want to walk my dog now as an excuse to go to the shop and spend what money is in my wallet on sweets. Sadly they dont sell films.

trebor8273 21st August 2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 360361)

Mmmm refresher lollies I've got some in the freezer going to get one now

keirarts 21st August 2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 360274)
while i was getting my lunch went into local charity shops, which usually have nothing of interest but ended up getting all of these from the same shop, for the princely sum of 50p each. apart from communion which came in the post.

its great to of gotten all of these so cheap, but its even more to add to my to watch pile which is getting kind of depressing to look at.:cry::cry:

The Dan Curtis film intruders is great and worth a few quid as well. Communion is a VHS rip, but its the origional cut and not the tampered with re-issues so also good! Full agree about the unnamable. I'd stick it on Amazon if I were you, then use the money you make to buy stuff you don't already own!

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st August 2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 360373)
The Dan Curtis film intruders is great and worth a few quid as well. Communion is a VHS rip, but its the origional cut and not the tampered with re-issues so also good! Full agree about the unnamable. I'd stick it on Amazon if I were you, then use the money you make to buy stuff you don't already own!

@ Trebor

If you put it on Amazon at £199.00 then you'll undercut Keirarts by £1 and get a sale. ;)

keirarts 21st August 2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 360374)
@ Trebor

If you put it on Amazon at £199.00 then you'll undercut Keirarts by £1 and get a sale. ;)

Jokes aside I got about £30 for that dvd! paid for a couple of Arrow Blu's.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st August 2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 360375)
Jokes aside I got about £30 for that dvd! paid for a couple of Arrow Blu's.

Things like this pose a problem really. If you like a film or in this case films, then why sell, especially as its unlikely to get a blu release. It only had the one dvd pressing so must have sold poorly originally.

Then again it could be released next month and suddenly your dvd is worth a lot less.

Catch 22. :rolleyes: :nod: :)

keirarts 21st August 2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 360376)
Things like this pose a problem really. If you like a film or in this case films, then why sell, especially as its unlikely to get a blu release. It only had the one dvd pressing so must have sold poorly originally.

Then again it could be released next month and suddenly your dvd is worth a lot less.

Catch 22. :rolleyes: :nod: :)

Exactly. It is a REAL dilemma. I have titles in my collection that are listed at silly prices on Amazon (some by me ;)) others that I could not part with for whatever the amount.. In some cases though, Walk into the right charity shop/second hand place and find a second copy cheap then why not sell it. I own Unameable and have never felt the urge to sell it, I always watch it at least once a year. That said if I find a copy in a charity shop and I know I can sell it for ten or twenty times what I paid i'll do it in a heartbeat.