Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th September 2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 363590)
Sadly, dvds have little value these days unless they're relatively new releases.

They still charge enough for them in CEX though.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th September 2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 363566)
picked up the final fantasy's in a charity shop for 50p each and the others came in todays post, i monster i replacement for damaged one i got from zoverstocks, strange thing i haven't gotten around to posting it back to them yet.

Normally Zoverstocks tell me to do what i like with damaged discs.

Philosophy of a Knife 4th September 2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 363590)
Sadly, dvds have little value these days unless they're relatively new releases.

A depressing truth. I'm sure we all have obscurities that are worth a pretty penny, but anything of a more common nature quickly becomes virtually worthless.

Philosophy of a Knife 4th September 2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 363594)
They still charge enough for them in CEX though.

Unfortunately the choices seem to be taking a penny from CEX or listing something on Amazon only for zoverstocks to undercut you and sell it for a penny XD

Philosophy of a Knife 4th September 2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 363589)
Actually thinking about it it might have been cash generator, never been in there before. They gave me 20p each for one pile and 30p each for another and then a £1 a boxset. Don't get me wrong it's better than a kick in the teeth but it does chaff a little when I consider what they all cost. I sold the original Universal Monsters dvds that came out about ten years ago that I picked up in HMV for £18 each. They gave me 20p each.

I think carboot sales may be the way forward, at least there you might get a quid a disc and not have to sell too many to recoup the pitch cost, plus you can get rid of other crap at the same time.

sjconstable 4th September 2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 363576)
Also, I would've taken the receipt back to the counter and said "you see that DVD you've just given me £0.00 for? Give us it back!

That happened to me once in CeX and I did go back in and get the DVD back haha, they definitely should say something if a title comes up as £0.00, cheeky ****ers!

keirarts 4th September 2013 11:13 PM

I've started offering to buy collections locally at 50p per title. Sounds cheap I know but I get a lot of crap with the good. I'm looking to sell some on Amazon and do the rest at car boots at a quid a go.

Basically i'm having shit all luck at getting a job so I'm looking to go self employed, buying up titles and selling on at a small profit and making the dough through the stuff that turns out to be worth a little more.

It's not ideal but I need a career and self employment seems to be the way forward barring any last minute miracles.

I would say to all, look at local independent traders before heading off to the big boys like CC or Cash gen. CEX offer some decent trade in value on certain items but I hit CC and CASH GEN and cherry pick the good stuff to sell on online.

keirarts 4th September 2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 363467)
Yeah, that so called trilogy of animal films was great, and fascinating to watch nowadays seeing them lead to Deep Red. I'm still considering whether to lay down the 40 bucks for the German Four Flies on Grey Velvet Blu...

I'd go for the Shameless release. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flies-Velvet...on+Grey+velvet

I heard there was an audio glitch somewhere on it but didn't notice it myself. It's way cheaper and I thought it was an incredible transfer. Though I was only really familiar previously with the MYA dvd and some dodgy VHS bootlegs.

Linbro 5th September 2013 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
German 'Strange Days' digipak turned up today

Linbro 5th September 2013 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And, a nice box of goodies from Arrow.