Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 16th September 2013 11:30 AM

was expecting GTA to turn up as was posted early Saturday but no such luck even though sent first class, strange thing is every place else i order from using first class it turns up next day but amazon its 2-4 days. :mmph:

edit

mind it doesn't help that got the dodgy postman who being investigated by royal mail because nobody gets any packages the day he does his rounds. also who its not a case of the release of GTA iv when postal workers ended up stealing thousands of copy's of the games

darthelvis 16th September 2013 11:40 AM

Trying to catch up with my Scream Factory purchases so ordered Swamp Thing and Dark Angel.

monkeypedro 16th September 2013 11:56 AM

Over the weekend i received a few bluray discs through the post.

Blockbusters
Arrietty
Helldriver
Safe

I did order the above from blockbusters in a 4 for £12 deal but they cancelled Martha Marcy May Marlene from my order but still got them at £3 each.

Zoverstocks
Bait

Sainsburys
Here Comes the Boom

Ebay
I Love Hong Kong 2013
The Marine 3

keirarts 16th September 2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 366199)
I did think I'd do a blog post and then link to the photo but I've had a busy week (Atos appointment followed by shopping spree), these arrived days and days ago. Once I get back to work there will be no stopping me.

Hope those atos people were ok, you hear some horror stories.

BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE arrived this morning.

Region free.

Looks SLIGHTLY better than the Blue underground one but its not a massive leap forward. Generally it seem to be the colors are brighter and there's a little more detail. So Blue underground owners need not fret too much!

Rik 16th September 2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 366241)
Hope those atos people were ok, you hear some horror stories.

BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE arrived this morning.

Region free.

Looks SLIGHTLY better than the Blue underground one but its not a massive leap forward. Generally it seem to be the colors are brighter and there's a little more detail. So Blue underground owners need not fret too much!

Thanks for confirming the region, I'll get this ordered now :)

Wes 16th September 2013 12:52 PM

Apologies for interjecting this question here but does anyone know if base.com ship from one of the channel islands or mainland UK ? Thanks !

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th September 2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 366246)
Apologies for interjecting this question here but does anyone know if base.com ship from one of the channel islands or mainland UK ? Thanks !

Not sure, but i do know they are sloooooooooooow.

Wes 16th September 2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 366247)
Not sure, but i do know they are sloooooooooooow.

Thanks Dem.... Hmm, what to do... I can get a box set €20 cheaper than Amazonia but if they ship from Jersey I'll surely get caught by customs...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th September 2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 366251)
Thanks Dem.... Hmm, what to do... I can get a box set €20 cheaper than Amazonia but if they ship from Jersey I'll surely get caught by customs...

Even if you are caught by customs, won't that just reduce, rather than obliterate, the price difference? It's been ages since I've ordered from them so I can't vouch for their distribution centre's location but I guess they are the same as Zavvi..

trebor8273 16th September 2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 366246)

sure its the channel islands but some time since i used them