Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st September 2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 367258)
Requiem for a Village... I liked this one a lot. A rather odd film, even within the Flipside cannon but by the time the end credits roll, you'll feel you've seen something completely strange, unique and wonderful...

Me too. It has such a unique, odd charm to it, yet it is powerful too. I had goosebumps when the credits rolled. I usually judge the effectiveness of a film in its ability to give me goosebumps.

saw 21st September 2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 367340)
Me too. It has such a unique, odd charm to it, yet it is powerful too. I had goosebumps when the credits rolled. I usually judge the effectiveness of a film in its ability to give me goosebumps.

Been thinking about getting this one for a while. Why does it have an 18 rating?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st September 2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saw (Post 367352)
Been thinking about getting this one for a while. Why does it have an 18 rating?

Maybe a spoiler(?) but there's a rape scene in it near the end.

It's done to purposeful effect, as it pulls you out of the dreamy meandering structure quite suddenly, although the act itself is also conveyed in the same odd dreamy style.

SCM 21st September 2013 09:38 AM

There was a charity shop opened up for the next couple of days at my local library so this morning I picked up Magnolia, Toy Story 3 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 for £1

SShaw 21st September 2013 10:07 AM

Last nightI purchased the following German Blu's:

Star Trek Into Darkness
Tower Block
Stoker

and from the U.K. on DVD Thale

all of which I saw in the cinema in the past 15 months.

Rik 21st September 2013 10:42 AM

My copy of the Shameless Fan Edition DVD of New York Ripper just arrived, bargain at £1.99 :nod:

antmumford 21st September 2013 11:33 AM

Yay! Just bought Time Bandits Steelbook for £14.99 in hmv, Amaray is £9.99 too if anyone's interested. Both cheaper than any online price

SharonLynette 21st September 2013 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It worked, yesterdays lonesome post worked, I was showered with parcels today and some of them contained blu-ray's!

I've only seen half of them previously. I think I now have nearly all the Flipside collection, I should have everything up to and including 24, should be easier to keep on top of the rest of them now :woot:

JoshuaKaitlyn 21st September 2013 05:51 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 120748Attachment 120749Attachment 120750Attachment 120751
Today's acquisitions

tele1962 21st September 2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 367409)
It worked, yesterdays lonesome post worked, I was showered with parcels today and some of them contained blu-ray's!

I've only seen half of them previously. I think I now have nearly all the Flipside collection, I should have everything up to and including 24, should be easier to keep on top of the rest of them now :woot:

Just ordered " A Day In The Life " Thanks for the heads up. :)