Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nosferatu42 24th September 2013 11:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 120933

Picked this up 2day for 5 from cash converters.
The bloke at the counter looked really annoyed coz all blue-rays are 5, seemed that someone didn't put a higher price tag on it so he had to give it to me at normal price. Left feeling a little bit chuffed. The man at the counters sad wistful look added to my pleasure.:)

keirarts 25th September 2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 367937)
Attachment 120933

Picked this up 2day for 5 from cash converters.
The bloke at the counter looked really annoyed coz all blue-rays are 5, seemed that someone didn't put a higher price tag on it so he had to give it to me at normal price. Left feeling a little bit chuffed. The man at the counters sad wistful look added to my pleasure.:)

Does your cash converters have those horrid yellow stickers that leave a mess on the case? I saw one of those Reservoir dogs tins in my local, the bloke took great pride in telling me how much the thing was worth on ebay. Then I pointed out how much LESS it would be worth thanks to the horrible gluey stain and bits of yellow sticker from trying to remove it! Then I bought the region 1 anchor bay release of A BETTER TOMORROW which is actually more expensive on occassion online for 99p. The silly sods dont check their DVDS :lol:

Had a similar experience in cash gen. Got a blu-ray for 3.99 which is the cheapest they do them for. It was SONS OF ANARCHY SEASON 4, the case was cracked and because it was regular amray sized they thought it was a regular Blu!!!:pound:

keirarts 25th September 2013 08:10 AM

ALLYOURMUSIC are doing PRINCE OF DARKNESS blu-ray at 11.57 btw... Just picked it up!:woot:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th September 2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 367957)
ALLYOURMUSIC are doing PRINCE OF DARKNESS blu-ray at 11.57 btw... Just picked it up!:woot:

Me too - good spot! :thumb:

trebor8273 25th September 2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 367957)
ALLYOURMUSIC are doing PRINCE OF DARKNESS blu-ray at 11.57 btw... Just picked it up!:woot:

Cheers!

ArgentoFan1987 25th September 2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 367956)
Does your cash converters have those horrid yellow stickers that leave a mess on the case? I saw one of those Reservoir dogs tins in my local, the bloke took great pride in telling me how much the thing was worth on ebay. Then I pointed out how much LESS it would be worth thanks to the horrible gluey stain and bits of yellow sticker from trying to remove it! Then I bought the region 1 anchor bay release of A BETTER TOMORROW which is actually more expensive on occassion online for 99p. The silly sods dont check their DVDS :lol:

Had a similar experience in cash gen. Got a blu-ray for 3.99 which is the cheapest they do them for. It was SONS OF ANARCHY SEASON 4, the case was cracked and because it was regular amray sized they thought it was a regular Blu!!!:pound:

I HATE those stickers. I spend about 45 minutes trying to get the sticker gunk off of every DVD I've ever bought from Cash Converters!!!

keirarts 25th September 2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 367965)
I HATE those stickers. I spend about 45 minutes trying to get he sticker gunk off of every DVD I've ever bought from Cash Converters!!!

It's just bizzare hearing someone prattle on about how collectible an item is after they have just devalued the damn thing by sticking one of those awful stickers on.

SCM 25th September 2013 10:06 AM

bought for 8 Firefly and Dexter series 1

nosferatu42 25th September 2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 367956)
Does your cash converters have those horrid yellow stickers that leave a mess on the case? I saw one of those Reservoir dogs tins in my local, the bloke took great pride in telling me how much the thing was worth on ebay. Then I pointed out how much LESS it would be worth thanks to the horrible gluey stain and bits of yellow sticker from trying to remove it! Then I bought the region 1 anchor bay release of A BETTER TOMORROW which is actually more expensive on occassion online for 99p. The silly sods dont check their DVDS :lol:

Had a similar experience in cash gen. Got a blu-ray for 3.99 which is the cheapest they do them for. It was SONS OF ANARCHY SEASON 4, the case was cracked and because it was regular amray sized they thought it was a regular Blu!!!:pound:

No they didn't have any stickers on at all except for the sets which were obviously marked because they were more expensive, they didn't even have a sign up saying the prices, just pure laziness.
I asked the bloke and he said 5 unless marked, so i grabbed the tin quick.:)

nosferatu42 25th September 2013 03:29 PM

Price label stickers are one of the things that really make my blood boil, can't imagine the amount of time ive spent trying to take the little bastards off new dvds.:mmph:
The worst is when they're on a cardboard slipcase and it gets ripped trying to remove the labels. AAAArgh !!!!:(


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.