Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 28th September 2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 368618)
Ive found some straight to DVD films very good - that could have easily been in a cinema release

I agree. I think the straight to video market has always had some unearthed gems. Tragically the majors have a stranglehold on a lot of cinema chains (certainly where I live they do) and a lot of films end up on home video. The real danger is if everyone adopts netflix and the sheer volume of titles out there ends up drowning out minor gems.... Personally i'm quite looking forward to this one.

trebor8273 28th September 2013 01:38 PM

12 Attachment(s)
said i would post pics of shameless dvds i got a car boot. so here they are. Joe 90 arrived in the post today from zoverstocks for £3

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th September 2013 02:06 PM

7 Attachment(s)
This weeks arrivals.

pedromonkey 28th September 2013 02:13 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Here's everything from the end of august till now...

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th September 2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 368674)
Here's everything from the end of august till now...

Just picking one film out Pedro.

I really like The Tailor of Panama. It came out in the midst of Brosnan's Bond tenure and showed a completely different side to the spy game. A film full of fine performances and a rare foray into directing for John Boorman. It was only his fifth film since 85's The Emerald Forest.

Hope you like it.

Rondadoronron 28th September 2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 368671)
This weeks arrivals.

Blimey no Mill Creek stuff this week Dem,whats the world coming to.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th September 2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rondadoronron (Post 368679)
Blimey no Mill Creek stuff this week Dem,whats the world coming to.

Three Poundland purchases instead. :nod:

pedromonkey 28th September 2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 368678)
Just picking one film out Pedro.

I really like The Tailor of Panama. It came out in the midst of Brosnan's Bond tenure and showed a completely different side to the spy game. A film full of fine performances and a rare foray into directing for John Boorman. It was only his fifth film since 85's The Emerald Forest.

Hope you like it.

Yeah i've never seen it but i'd heard good things, Boorman is a cracking film maker mind, so hoping it's a good'un, it was 99p in a Charity shop too.

J Harker 28th September 2013 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked this up this morning in HMV. Only £11.99 which I thought was a really good price. That place is really starting to get its act together.
Attachment 121190
They had the Mad Max boxset too for £14.99 though not the limited petrol can edition.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th September 2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 368698)
Picked this up this morning in HMV. Only £11.99 which I thought was a really good price. That place is really starting to get its act together.
Attachment 121190
They had the Mad Max boxset too for £14.99 though not the limited petrol can edition.

The annual watch of Christmas Vacation is getting ever nearer.