Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Wes 30th September 2013 07:13 PM

I love Blair Witch Project, I thought it was real lightning in a bottle stuff, and a brilliant piece of intense psychological Horror. I mean it was a scary movie. The film ushered in a lot of bad found footage movies but the Blair Witch can't be held up for that. Anyway, Man Bites Dog predated it...

Bringer Of Funerals 30th September 2013 07:25 PM

I could have made a better film running round my woods with my friends and recording it

Wes 30th September 2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 369197)
I could have made a better film running round my woods with my friends and recording it

Ha, ha....dude, very harsh !

Refused 30th September 2013 07:30 PM

Can't deny the impact of the film, even though found footage is pretty tiresome these days. The marketing campaign was genius as well.

Wes 30th September 2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 369202)
Can't deny the impact of the film, even though found footage is pretty tiresome these days. The marketing campaign was genius as well.

I probably mentioned this before re: found footage but the idea of the students still filming when everything around them was falling asunder is absurd - but Bram Stoker's characters do the same thing in Dracula - amid all the vampire shenanigans and despite of the horror of the situation, Stoker's characters still find time to jot it all down in their diaries (which is how the book is presented). So, my conclusion would be to just go with it...

bdc 30th September 2013 07:59 PM

Totally forgot to post these,they arrived on Friday. :)

Devil's Express (1976) (Code Red)

Triple Feature (Code Red)
- Female Bunch, The (1969)
- Piranha, Piranha ( Piranha ) (1972)
- Tarzana the Wild Girl ( Tarzana, sesso selvaggio ) (1969)

http://dv1.us/p1/968/210968-d0.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/998/210998-d0.jpg

TJ Doc 30th September 2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 369115)
The Scream Factory version :cool:

I'm 99.9% sure Universal's initial release has the superior transfer. It's also the only version that comes with Terror in the Aisles.

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th September 2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Doc (Post 369218)
I'm 99.9% sure Universal's initial release has the superior transfer. It's also the only version that comes with Terror in the Aisles.

I think there's been some debate about the transfers of both. I heard there were complaints about the Universal release. Ah well.

TJ Doc 30th September 2013 08:26 PM

That would be due to the infamous missing Moustapha Akkad credit (I think Uni even offered replacement discs at one point).

trebor8273 30th September 2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 369217)
Totally forgot to post these,they arrived on Friday. :)

Devil's Express (1976) (Code Red)

Triple Feature (Code Red)
- Female Bunch, The (1969)
- Piranha, Piranha ( Piranha ) (1972)
- Tarzana the Wild Girl ( Tarzana, sesso selvaggio ) (1969)

http://dv1.us/p1/968/210968-d0.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/998/210998-d0.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Doc (Post 369218)
I'm 99.9% sure Universal's initial release has the superior transfer. It's also the only version that comes with Terror in the Aisles.

Think i will go for universal release then it's a bit cheaper and never seen terror in the aisles


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.