Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

TJ Doc 30th September 2013 08:35 PM

I should say, Scream's release does have better audio options... but there's only so much you can do with an ancient stereo mix from the early 80s, so I doubt there's much of a discernible difference.

Edgeworth 30th September 2013 09:56 PM

Stuff i've ordered in the past week or so:
To Kill A Mockingbird (digibook), Sudden Death, Mother, Enter The Dragon (40th anniversary), Class of Nuke 'em High, Plague of Zombies, Western collection (The Searchers, Pale Rider, Rio Bravo, Wild Bunch, How the West was Won), Street Fighter Trilogy (DVD) & Big Trouble steelbook, Long Goodbye pre-ordered and paid for!

Gonna be a good month, so much good stuff coming out in October too!

keirarts 30th September 2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 369187)
Bugger all wrong with Blair Witch IMO
Mother of Tears is ok, certainly better than D****la 3D (see, I can't even bring myself to write it!) and the Card Player, but it's no Deep Red or Inferno etc.

Agree on all counts, Dracula 3d is an abomination.

keirarts 30th September 2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Doc (Post 369218)
I'm 99.9% sure Universal's initial release has the superior transfer. It's also the only version that comes with Terror in the Aisles.

I think Scream Factory's looks a little more 'cleaned' for want of a better term but both releases are great. For Halloween night viewing I would say Terror in the aisles is the best extra!:popcorn:

fuzzymctiger 1st October 2013 01:19 AM

I quite liked the Card Player, so I guess I'll have to check out Mother Of Tears :)

As for Blair Witch, I first saw that a couple of years back after hiring the DVD having only heard the name, and that it was scary.

Found it very slow, but like all good horror movies the last half hour certainly pays off, I found it very creepy.

Linbro 1st October 2013 02:11 AM

Must admit, I was blown away by Blair Witch when I saw it at the cinema, on its release. Still enjoy watching it now, but it was much more effective on the big screen.
It's well worth looking up the short story 'Sticks', by the late, great Karl Edward Wagner - some definite 'inspiration' for the film. The real inspiration for the short story is also worth reading, very strange and creepy.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st October 2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 369095)
TANZ DER TEUFEL 2 Extended Cut Mediabook arrived this morning from D&T Mailorder :)

My Re-Animator MediaBook was shipped by them this morning, so I look forward to that arriving.

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st October 2013 03:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Completely forgot that CONVOY was released on blu-ray here in the UK on monday, so I had to order it. Uncut and featuring the original poster artwork, it would've been rude not to.

Attachment 121318

Linbro 1st October 2013 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
'Django Unchained' Aussie steelbook and JB HiFi exclusive of 'No One Lives'.

Linbro 1st October 2013 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Interior of DU