Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2013, 10:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Haven't posted here in what feels like ages.

Old 2nd October 2013, 01:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Went shopping again this morning. I think I need rehabilitated!

*** not seen

(one of my recent favourites!!! I laughed from start to finish when I first saw it! Let's hope it's as good on a second viewing)

That's it. I'd love to hear some feedback, as usual
bdc, Jinx_Barkman, sawyer6 and 1 others like this.
Old 2nd October 2013, 02:19 PM
Cult Addict

Shall be spending the wet afternoon ahead with this!!!

american hippe 01.jpg

American hippe 02.jpg

american hippie 03.jpg

Been wanting to watch this for literally years. Since I bought and watched the I DRINK YOUR BLOOD dvd WAAAY back in 2005 and saw the trailer. How time fly's by eh?!
Old 2nd October 2013, 02:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Marc, you've not seen A Clockwork Orange ? Dude, you are in a for a treat ! A masterpiece...
Old 2nd October 2013, 02:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Marc, you've not seen A Clockwork Orange ? Dude, you are in a for a treat ! A masterpiece...
And Casablanca and original day the earth stood still all great films as is bubba ho tep, falling down is also good, insidious is ok but splice is pretty awful
Wes likes this.
Old 2nd October 2013, 02:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
And Casablanca and original day the earth stood still all great films as is bubba ho tep, falling down is also good, insidious is ok but splice is pretty awful
I really liked Splice. Plus I got it for the bargain. Price of £2, which makes it the second cheapest Blu-Ray I've ever bought!

The Day the Earth Stood Still is one of my favourite films. I refuse to watch the remake. Why anyone would want to remake such an incredible film is beyond me! I've always thought that only average or bad films should be remade, that way they could be better, but The Day the Earth Stood Still is nearly flawless!

I haven't seen A Clockwork Orange yet. My sister recommends it, which usually isn't a very good sign, but I've wanted to see this for years! Kubrick is one of those directors who has made some incredible films, but also some shite. I hope this is in he former.
Old 2nd October 2013, 02:58 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
splice is pretty awful
Splice was the only film i've ever seen where i correctly predicted every turn the story would take ages before it happened.

That is so not a good thing!
Old 2nd October 2013, 03:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

KFZ

Straw Dogs (Remake) (Blu)
bdc likes this.
Old 2nd October 2013, 03:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Charity shops today,Soldier Blue for £1.99 was a nice find, R.Z. Halloweens were £1 each(funny, as there has been chat on the film stills thread about these)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg soldierblue.jpg (65.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg halloweendvd.jpg (84.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg h2.jpg (7.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 2nd October 2013, 04:41 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
I really liked Splice. Plus I got it for the bargain. Price of £2, which makes it the second cheapest Blu-Ray I've ever bought!

The Day the Earth Stood Still is one of my favourite films. I refuse to watch the remake. Why anyone would want to remake such an incredible film is beyond me! I've always thought that only average or bad films should be remade, that way they could be better, but The Day the Earth Stood Still is nearly flawless!

I haven't seen A Clockwork Orange yet. My sister recommends it, which usually isn't a very good sign, but I've wanted to see this for years! Kubrick is one of those directors who has made some incredible films, but also some shite. I hope this is in he former.
I'm weird in that I'm one of the few who also actually somewhat enjoyed Splice, but it's nowhere near as good as the director's previous work like Cube for me. The Day The Earth Stood Still and Casablanca are great classics either way. A Clockwork Orange is probably my favourite Kubrick possibly next to Barry Lyndon; saying that, I've enjoyed every film I've seen from his filmography.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)

Like this? Share it using the links below!