Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 27th August 2010 03:50 PM

Darabont did indeed co-write it. I love the film, It's a firm childhood favourite of mine. Hope you enoy it.

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th August 2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 99098)
Red Wolf (HKL)

I got rid of a lot of my HKL discs a while ago and now I miss them, so I ordered a copy of 2000 AD the other day and I'm going to try and re-buy the rest I sold.

Recieved my double feature of The Terror Within/The Terror Within 2, Q-The winged Serpent and Black Rain BD steelbook today, so that's my weekend viewing sorted.

pedromonkey 27th August 2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 99106)
Darabont did indeed co-write it. I love the film, It's a firm childhood favourite of mine. Hope you enoy it.

Looking forward to it loops, it's always been one ive been meaning to get and amazon marketplace was selling it for less than 4 quid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 99108)
I got rid of a lot of my HKL discs a while ago and now I miss them, so I ordered a copy of 2000 AD the other day and I'm going to try and re-buy the rest I sold.

Recieved my double feature of The Terror Within/The Terror Within 2, Q-The winged Serpent and Black Rain BD steelbook today, so that's my weekend viewing sorted.

it's gonna cost you a fortune Stevoj, most of them are deleted now, i've been picking them up in the magazine release form but i've got a cheap dvd shop buy me and now and then he gets the original releases in. The jackie chan films will most likely be the hardest as they're pretty rare these days.

Enjoyed the Terror Within, it's a fun film with a really bad monster, the second is ok more of the same really.

dis 27th August 2010 04:29 PM

just got the killer nun,shamless release and a film called take an easy ride.
both to be viewed,soon!

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th August 2010 04:33 PM

I managed to get 2000 AD for £2! The only really feature packed one I let go was the Platinum Edition of Iron Monkey. I know the UK HKL version of that one will be hard to get but as for the rest, I have confidence I will find them eventually, probably on ebay (like I did with 2000 AD).

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th August 2010 04:59 PM

Nice ones b. :nod:

Looks like you're going Blu crazy at the moment! ;)

I need to pick up The Thing on Blu, eventually too.

antmumford 27th August 2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

The jackie chan films will most likely be the hardest as they're pretty rare these days
Especially the Ultra-bit Editions, some go for about £50 or so. Ouch!!
I'm having to settle with the Eastern Heroes releases instead for now.

Work had a bring and buy event this week to collect charity money for the Pakistan appeal.
Picked up a few DVD's for only 50p each.

Saw (Uncut)
Gosford Park
Mini's First Time
Black Moon Rising

Coronado and
Empire Movie Quiz

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th August 2010 06:43 PM

I kept all but one of the Jackie Chan HKL dvds I had. As sam Jackson says in jackie Brown, " my ass may be dumb, but I aint no dumbass" :D I just got shot of The Protector. So I'm ok as far as not needing to find any of those.

antmumford 27th August 2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 99129)
I kept all but one of the Jackie Chan HKL dvds I had. As sam Jackson says in jackie Brown, " my ass may be dumb, but I aint no dumbass" :D I just got shot of The Protector. So I'm ok as far as not needing to find any of those.

Bastard!! :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th August 2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 99130)
Bastard!! :lol:

:lol: And I'll tell you what's even more shocking, it was when I was made redundant and needed money to pay stuff so I sold a large chunk of my collection in one go........I think I got less than £2 for each dvd........including The Protector :eek: That'll never happen again, I can tell you! I miss every single one of them. :(