Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Rik 12th October 2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 371484)
The Demoniacs is a fantastic film. I have no idea how much is cut, hopefully not too much. The hardcore inserts on the region 1 disc add absolutely nothing to the film.

According to Melonfarmers-54 seconds:

UK: Passed 18 after 54s of BBFC cuts for:
2004 Redemption/Salvation R0 DVD
The BBFC commented :

Cuts required to remove an image of rape and accompanying images of sexualised nudity which further eroticise the sexual violence.

Hawkmonger 12th October 2013 03:49 PM

Just ordered The Amytiville Collection from Scream Factory. Looking forward to this arriving, need to buy more SF me thinks.

J Harker 12th October 2013 04:46 PM

So i won't get chance to put the disc in til tomorrow but I notice that the j-card only lists the final cut and not the theatrical or directors cuts that I thought were meant to be included on new Wicker Man Edition. Anyone?

antmumford 12th October 2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 371507)
So i won't get chance to put the disc in til tomorrow but I notice that the j-card only lists the final cut and not the theatrical or directors cuts that I thought were meant to be included on new Wicker Man Edition. Anyone?

Unfortunately the Steelbook only contains the Final Cut whereas Amaray has both the others... Don't ask me why :confused:

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th October 2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 371513)
Unfortunately the Steelbook only contains the Final Cut whereas Amaray has both the others... Don't ask me why :confused:

Because steelbook collectors always get ****ed over. A lot of steelbooks that had 2 or more discs in a standard edition, lose all but the 1st disc. Guess they think the steelbook makes up for the other discs.

Delirium 12th October 2013 05:15 PM

Picked up the BFI's Little Malcolm today as a few people from here had it down as one of their favourites of the BFI Flipside titles.

So you lot have convinced me to give it a go.

keirarts 12th October 2013 05:16 PM

Thank f*** I never got round to ordering that Wicker man steely then! Held off over uncertainty over features and glad I did... Will be buying the standard release with all the bonus features.

I dont mind steelys and certainly I've forked over extra cash in the past for fancy packaging (heathers locker, Eureaka steelys) but i'm getting a might concerned about all the fancy 'collectibles' flooding the market. Looking at Zaavi it's like every damn film is in one. I'm only buying them if its something I dont own, or in the case of tenebrae a better release.

bdc 12th October 2013 05:21 PM

Spent 7 Euro at my local shop this afternoon,I'll try to find some pics to put up. ;)

J Harker 12th October 2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 371514)
Because steelbook collectors always get ****ed over. A lot of steelbooks that had 2 or more discs in a standard edition, lose all but the 1st disc. Guess they think the steelbook makes up for the other discs.

Bloody Zavvi got all three cuts listed in the product description. I wasn't overly concerned about the soundtrack but I would have definately opted for the ordinary release if I'd realised I was only getting the one cut. Bugger.

trebor8273 12th October 2013 06:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Todays stuff