Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 21st October 2013 12:10 PM

It's a terrible film. The admittedly impressive fantasy action sequences are visually very striking but rendered completely pointless by the ridiculously contrived storyline. Action movies need to connect on some emotional level in order for me to care. No matter how big and showy they are.

bdc 21st October 2013 12:17 PM

Sounds like this will be an interesting watch. ;)
I must admit it were the pics of the battle scenes that lured me in but having watched Shutter Island recently I felt I needed to give this a watch (as both films tackle a similar subject).

J Harker 21st October 2013 12:47 PM

Shutter Island? That's the last film I'd have likened Sucker Punch to.
I suppose there are some similarities in terms of setting but they are very very very different films in every other possible way.
It's more a variation on The Matrix in my mind.
Be curious to know what you make of it.

trebor8273 21st October 2013 12:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
two deliveries today, but was expecting my copy of Halloween 3 to turn up from all your music as placed a order after this and its turned up, what is the longest any one has had a order take to turn up with them?

also just ordered the mummy (1959)

J Harker 21st October 2013 12:54 PM

I had something take about two weeks from them. But it's was the first and only time I'd used them so I can't say what they're like on the whole.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st October 2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 372893)
I thought it was garbage. Like a PG rated wet dream crossed with a bad music video.

There are people who seem to like it though, so you never know! ;)

Hooray... Back to the disagreeing. ;)

I quite enjoyed it actually, i do agree with with your analogy though.

I must admit i think i was in the mood for it.

Had i not seen this i would never have seen the brilliant Sleeping Beauty, as i would never have heard of Emily Browning. So it always has that in its favour with me. :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st October 2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 372913)
two deliveries today, but was expecting my copy of Halloween 3 to turn up from all your music as placed a order after this and its turned up, what is the longest any one has had a order take to turn up with them?

also just ordered the mummy (1959)

Its always around two weeks with deliveries from marketplace from the US, no matter who you order from.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st October 2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 372915)
Hooray... Back to the disagreeing. ;)

I knew it would only be a matter of time! ;)

trebor8273 21st October 2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 372914)
I had something take about two weeks from them. But it's was the first and only time I'd used them so I can't say what they're like on the whole.

thanks just found it strange that a order placed afterwards has turned up and all other orders i have placed have taken between 7-10 days. as long as it is here for my Halloween night viewing

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st October 2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 372919)
I knew it would only be a matter of time! ;)

It wasn't really a full disagreement though, now i read back, as i agreed with your sentiments just not your garbage statement. :doh: