Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 373342)
It's just the films apparently - i'll put pics up when i get it

Just be aware BoF, these are vhs rips shoved onto Blu-ray discs.

trebor8273 23rd October 2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 373337)
The Night of the Hunter and The Witches are excellent.

I really enjoyed Vamp. Much more than I expected.

Never heard of Lifeforce.

...Screaming is the only Carry On film I like.

Well never seen either witches or night of the hunter but heard good things, screaming has to be my favourite carry on along with carry at your convenience, but I enjoyed most of them apart from the later ones. Can't believe you haven't heard of lifeforce but then again up to not too long ago I had never heard of night of the hunter.

On a side note thinking of ordering the ghost stories for Christmas but at nearly £40 I was thinking of waiting incase it drops in price closer to Christmas

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 373357)

On a side note thinking of ordering the ghost stories for Christmas but at nearly £40 I was thinking of waiting incase it drops in price closer to Christmas

You'll be lucky. :) As its clearly aimed at the Christmas market. :)

I ordered the BFI's Dead of Night when it was first announced at £13. Its now £19.99. Luckily Amazon's price promise means i still pay £13.

trebor8273 23rd October 2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 373359)
You'll be lucky. :) As its clearly aimed at the Christmas market. :)

I ordered the BFI's Dead of Night when it was first announced at £13. Its now £19.99. Luckily Amazon's price promise means i still pay £13.

So would you say better getting it now, does BFI stuff hold its price? Also as a blind buy would people say its worth getting? Thanks for any help

Hawkmonger 23rd October 2013 05:51 PM

Oooh. Deranged is on offer at the Arrow site. £7.99. Never seen it, worth a punt? I believe this will be my first New arrow release since Demons(!).

trebor8273 23rd October 2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 373362)
Oooh. Deranged is on offer at the Arrow site. £7.99. Never seen it, worth a punt? I believe this will be my first New arrow release since Demons(!).

That was yesterday's deal it's gone now, today is vamp for 4.99 there is a new deal everyday at noon till Halloween.

Bringer Of Funerals 23rd October 2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 373355)
Just be aware BoF, these are vhs rips shoved onto Blu-ray discs.

That's what I thought with them being rare Spag Westerns most people have never seen

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 373361)
So would you say better getting it now, does BFI stuff hold its price? Also as a blind buy would people say its worth getting? Thanks for any help

The set is excellent.

It depends when you want to watch it. seeing as its Ghost Stories for Christmas its time is clearly coming up fast. If you aren't fussed then it may drop a bit in January.

If i remember rightly the set released last year was featured as one of Amazon's lightning deals. However they only last as long as stocks last or an hour maximum.

The bonus episodes of Christopher Lee reading James' ghost stories at Kings College Cambridge are simply must watches under the Christmas tree. When you see them you'll understand why. Truly magical. :)

Boo Radley 23rd October 2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 373362)

Even costing more its really worth a look. Quite surreal in places as an Alan Whicker look-a-like pops up to fill you in on details but its one of those films that sticks in your mind. In a good way. Roberts Blossom is fantastic in it. I'd say go for it and you can curse me out if you hate it!!:):)

trebor8273 23rd October 2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 373367)
The set is excellent.

It depends when you want to watch it. seeing as its Ghost Stories for Christmas its time is clearly coming up fast. If you aren't fussed then it may drop a bit in January.

If i remember rightly the set released last year was featured as one of Amazon's lightning deals. However they only last as long as stocks last or an hour maximum.

The bonus episodes of Christopher Lee reading James' ghost stories at Kings College Cambridge are simply must watches under the Christmas tree. When you see them you'll understand why. Truly magical. :)

Definitely going to pick it up then, might not be this week as want to see what else is in arrow sale, but will get it in time for Christmas