Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 27th October 2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 374086)
Dream Home is a great film! Let's hope we see an English subtitled version appear soon on Blu. That cover art is horrible too, and hardly does the film justice.

There is a UK dvd (uncut but not oar) so that will have to do for the time being I guess. ;)

I had the choice of the French and German blu as French or German subs are no problem for me but I'd have preferred a nice English friendly blu as well.

ArgentoFan1987 27th October 2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 373996)
She's about as sexy as a Peperami!

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...Animal-001.jpg

Quite possibly the ugliest Bond "girl" ever!

I happen to find Peperammi extremely sexy and tasty :D

I think Grace Jones ties with Honor Blackman as ugliest Bond girl.

Delirium 27th October 2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 374096)
There is a UK dvd (uncut but not oar) so that will have to do for the time being I guess. ;)

I had the choice of the French and German blu as French or German subs are no problem for me but I'd have preferred a nice English friendly blu as well.

Severely cropped it is. I saw it at the cinema and it was in its OAR and uncut - why the screwed up the DVD I don't know. So I bought the US one - haven't watched it yet, but believe it's both uncut and in OAR.

If I had the smarts, I'd buy the French blu and match the subtitles from the DVD to it.. but I don't. : (

bdc 27th October 2013 12:32 PM

I've read the US dvd is oar and uncut but it's interlaced it seems...don't know how big a problem that will pose though.

I'd like to see a decent new release of Intruder (1997) as well...the German (uncut) Adrenafilm dvd release is long out of print... :pray:

Intruder (HQ-Trailer-1997) - YouTube

Hawkmonger 27th October 2013 12:39 PM

Want to fill in some hole's in my Flipside collection. Wasn't there a site selling them at crazy cheap prices not long ago?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th October 2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 374133)
Want to fill in some hole's in my Flipside collection. Wasn't there a site selling them at crazy cheap prices not long ago?

I think Sainsbury's were pricing many of them at around £8-£9 not too long ago, but I think the prices have now gone back up.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th October 2013 01:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This week's arrivals.

platostotal 27th October 2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 374152)
This week's arrivals.

Zee and Company... haven't seen that in literally decades, and as for Playbirds, you'll never look at 'Tinker' the same again:lol: tho it does have a nice sadistic bent to it unlike most 70s UK 'sexy' cheapos,it's no Argento:lol::lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th October 2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 374157)
Zee and Company... haven't seen that in literally decades, and as for Playbirds, you'll never look at 'Tinker' the same again:lol: tho it does have a nice sadistic bent to it unlike most 70s UK 'sexy' cheapos,it's no Argento:lol::lol:

I watched Zee and Company on Friday. Very good, i've never seen Elizabeth Taylor in a role like it before. Rather saucy with a viscous tongue.

As for The Playbirds, its one of the few films in Fab Press's Ten Years of Terror book i didn't own.

ArgentoFan1987 27th October 2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 374030)
Yeah you did.... on a different thread. :nod: ;)

Whoops! I'm sorry!
Is there any way to delete it?