Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

demonknight 31st October 2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 374925)
Did you order Creepshow from Amazon?

If so, hopefully that means that my copy has arrived too.

I did indeed. It shipped last Saturday.

BAKA 31st October 2013 02:51 PM

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0422f44d.jpg

Probably not going to get much of interest after this week, with my new player last week and Christmas coming I should probably be slightly more savvy. Couldn't be happier that The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 + Early Works Of Tobe Hooper set arrived today. Bit disappointed at the packaging (a jiffy bag -_-) but it arrived in perfect condition, and 11 days early, not bad for £19.99. It's a little less sturdy than I thought it would be... but that booklet... can't wait to dive into that.

The Mizoguchi set was always going to be essential, even though I wasn't hugely happy about needing to double dip on titles I already have, I understand the position Eureka were in, and I'm happy I got it before they all sold out. The James Dean set is taller than I expected. Creepshow :woot:.

I'm really happy to finally get my hands on Savage Water. I'll finally be able to see how bad it really is. As the set got pulled before release it feels a little special to finally track it down.

trebor8273 31st October 2013 03:07 PM

Reading threw post glad I'm not the only one who having problems with amazon at moment , really went down hill of late. Canceled most of my preorders from them and getting from other places now which 99% of the time are faster and cheaper. Only use them now if something's really cheap and in no rush for it.

Rant over :focus:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st October 2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 374945)
Reading threw post glad I'm not the only one who having problems with amazon at moment , really went down hill of late. Canceled most of my preorders from them and getting from other places now which 99% of the time are faster and cheaper. Only use them now if something's really cheap and in no rush for it.

Rant over :focus:

The only reasons why I still order with Amazon is their pre-order price guarantee (I've saved quite a bit due to this), their prices in general (which a very competitive), their packaging quality, and their customer service.

Yeah, their dispatch times stink, but I'm happy to wait a couple of extra days if it means a better price and peace of mind in respect to packaging and any after-service care I may require.

I do use Arrow and Eureka direct, though.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st October 2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 374950)
The only reasons why I still order with Amazon is their pre-order price guarantee (I've saved quite a bit due to this), their prices in general (which a very competitive), their packaging quality, and their customer service.

Yeah, their dispatch times stink, but I'm happy to wait a couple of extra days if it means a better price and peace of mind in respect to packaging and any after-service care I may require.

I do use Arrow and Eureka direct, though.

After service care is as much a reason i use Amazon before anyone else. They look after market place customers second to none and have always been fare when i've had any complaints.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st October 2013 04:03 PM

Just been into Blockbuster today, as they went into administration again this week, to see if there were any bargains.

Oh no - The films they were selling five for a tenner a week ago are now £8 with 25% off the lowest price. :shocked: Hollywood dvd's Sleepstalker for £6. They can't give the thing away on Amazon's marketplace. :eek:

No wonder they're finished!

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st October 2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 374836)
My Arrow pre-order of 'TCM2' came today. It is a gorgeous package, totally different that what Arrow have done before.

Got mine today too. Looks almost exactly the same as the Battle Royale set, only in a thinner (not as well made imo) box.

Susan Foreman 31st October 2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 374836)
My Arrow pre-order of 'TCM2' came today. It is a gorgeous package, totally different that what Arrow have done before. My copy is number: 02214

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 374966)
Got mine today too. Looks almost exactly the same as the Battle Royale set, only in a thinner (not as well made imo) box.

Is it?

Oh!

I only have the 3 disc blu-ray/DVD combo copy of 'Battle Royale', which was probably a re-issue version

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st October 2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 374985)
Is it?

Oh!

I only have the 3 disc blu-ray/DVD combo copy of 'Battle Royale', which was probably a re-issue version

Yeah, it was a great looking boxset. This is pretty nice as well though.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st October 2013 05:32 PM

GET SOME PICS UP MAN!:poke:

Mine will be put away for Santa.:rolleyes: