Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 4th November 2013 01:40 PM

how can anyone not of seen north by northwest, the rocky films and dr strangelove!

dr stangelove and north by northwest are must sees, as are most of the rockys. Some fantastic buys there!

ArgentoFan1987 4th November 2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 375624)
how can anyone not of seen north by northwest, the rocky films and dr strangelove!

dr stangelove and north by northwest are must sees, as are most of the rockys. Some fantastic buys there!

Thane you very much :)

North by Northwest certainly is an incredible film!

My only decision now is, what do I watch first. I bought a shitload of Blu-Ray's a few day ago as well, so I'm really spoiled for choice!

trebor8273 4th November 2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 375629)
Thane you very much :)

North by Northwest certainly is an incredible film!

My only decision now is, what do I watch first. I bought a shitload of Blu-Ray's a few day ago as well, so I'm really spoiled for choice!

I have the same problem. I would watch doctor strange love o love it but it is a bit of a marmite film. And I always enjoy the rockys apart from number five, I would just skip that one

Susan Foreman 4th November 2013 02:44 PM

North By Northwest contains a wonderful blooper:

North by Northwest funny goof - YouTube

0:19 - watch the boy in the background!

trebor8273 4th November 2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 375634)
North By Northwest contains a wonderful blooper:

North by Northwest funny goof - YouTube

0:19 - watch the boy in the background!

Never noticed that before

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th November 2013 02:47 PM

Antichrist is fantastic. Well, I thought so anyway. If you're a Von Trier virgin it may be a little heavy going.

Dr Strangelove is fantastic and my favourite Kubrick film after 2001. North By Northwest is another great film, although I do feel it is slightly over-rated in the sense that many rate it as one of Hitchcock's very best, whereas there are a good few films of his that I'd rate higher.

Boo Radley 4th November 2013 03:16 PM

Good ol' Diabolik. Today arrived Blus of Snuff, Corruption and Beyond the Darkness along with the Grindhouse DVD of Cat in the Brain.
Somewhere on Cult Labs (I looked and can't remember where!!) someone was saying that Beyond the Darkness blu was very difficult to find now and some people were trying to charge stupid prices. Diabolik had it in stock and also Movie-Mars on EBay and Amazon. :)

trebor8273 4th November 2013 03:30 PM

ordered these

the wild geese
who dares wins
the exterminator
red scorpion
all blu ray

Edit

Went and got my free prime trial, but stopped it straight away so I don't get billed.Who dares and the exterminator have already been dispatched. Any one have any of these what are they like, all the arrow versions, was not going to get red scorpion as someone on amzon said synapse version was going to be better but from bluray.com review there is no difference

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th November 2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 375637)
Antichrist is fantastic. Well, I thought so anyway. If you're a Von Trier virgin it may be a little heavy going.

I was going to give the film my film stills treatment a while back, then thought better of it. ;)

Prince_Vajda 4th November 2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 375647)
I was going to give the film my film stills treatment a while back, then thought better of it. ;)

A good decision.