Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Bringer Of Funerals 4th November 2013 05:39 PM

My Westerns Unchained blu and Stash House blu came through the post.

Even though Westerns is from Region 1 land, it plays on R2 players. Its in a slim case and is 1 disc so its 25 films on 1 disc.

PQ Wise its the best we will see them - a HD Mill Creek set type thing

artisturn 4th November 2013 07:37 PM

Been a while since I posted my purchases here . I have really toned down the movie buying. So this is all the movies I have bought since July 23rd.


Best Buy


A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) -(Steelbook) - Blu-ray $12.99
Family Guy - Volume 11 (2011-2012) $19.99
Halloween - 35th Anniversary Edition (Digibook) - (1978) -- Blu-ray $19.99
Scary Movie 5 (2013) $14.99
Stitches (2012) $4.99



Big Lots - three dollar dvds

Eden Lake (2008)
The Rage - Unrated Director's Cut (2007)
Session 9 (2001)
The Wizard of Gore (2007)



Hasting's


Hatchet 3 (2013) $5.99

Aftershock (2012) $1.00

Curse of Chucky - Unrated (2013) used for $10.99



Target.

Evil Dead (Steelbook) (Target / Future Shop Exclusive) (2013) -- Blu-ray $19.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

House of Wax 3D - DTS-HD Master Audio (1953) -- Blu-ray 3D
- 3D Version
- 2D Version
- Mystery of the Wax Museum (1933)

This movie was part of the prize package from the House of Wax screening costume contest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bringer Of Funerals 4th November 2013 07:55 PM

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/...ps02c5e5ef.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/...ps21107f2f.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/...ps56a26ca0.jpg

ArgentoFan1987 4th November 2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 375634)
North By Northwest contains a wonderful blooper:

North by Northwest funny goof - YouTube

0:19 - watch the boy in the background!

Yep, it one of the most famous film "mistakes" ever! :)

ArgentoFan1987 4th November 2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 375637)
Antichrist is fantastic. Well, I thought so anyway. If you're a Von Trier virgin it may be a little heavy going.

Dr Strangelove is fantastic and my favourite Kubrick film after 2001. North By Northwest is another great film, although I do feel it is slightly over-rated in the sense that many rate it as one of Hitchcock's very best, whereas there are a good few films of his that I'd rate higher.

I've only seen Kingdom (A.K.A. Riget), which I loved. I've heard Antuchrist is very graphic and difficult to watch.

I've tried watching Strangelove before and really didn't like it. I didnt understand all the phonetic "plane" talk. But one of my friends keeps raving about it ", so I thought I'd give it another shot and see it through to he end.

N by NW is excellent, but far from Hitch's best.

ArgentoFan1987 4th November 2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 375591)
i thought they were on strike today?

Oh yeah! Hmmmm, maybe my postie didn't know! I'm not complaining, I got my post! :D

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th November 2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 375741)
Oh yeah! Hmmmm, maybe my postie didn't know! I'm not complaining, I got my post! :D

Strike was cancelled today if I recall.

Bringer Of Funerals 4th November 2013 08:45 PM

I got mine too

fuzzymctiger 5th November 2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artisturn (Post 375727)
Been a while since I posted my purchases here . I have really toned down the movie buying. So this is all the movies I have bought since July 23rd.


Best Buy


A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) -(Steelbook) - Blu-ray $12.99
Family Guy - Volume 11 (2011-2012) $19.99
Halloween - 35th Anniversary Edition (Digibook) - (1978) -- Blu-ray $19.99
Scary Movie 5 (2013) $14.99
Stitches (2012) $4.99



Big Lots - three dollar dvds

Eden Lake (2008)
The Rage - Unrated Director's Cut (2007)
Session 9 (2001)
The Wizard of Gore (2007)



Hasting's


Hatchet 3 (2013) $5.99

Aftershock (2012) $1.00

Curse of Chucky - Unrated (2013) used for $10.99



Target.

Evil Dead (Steelbook) (Target / Future Shop Exclusive) (2013) -- Blu-ray $19.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

House of Wax 3D - DTS-HD Master Audio (1953) -- Blu-ray 3D
- 3D Version
- 2D Version
- Mystery of the Wax Museum (1933)

This movie was part of the prize package from the House of Wax screening costume contest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really really wish someone would put out Session 9 on blu ray. An absolutely amazing horror movie, very unique and unexpected, and the location alone should make it worthy of a release, as a time capsule of an iconic abandonment.

First time I watched this, I hired it based off case and hearing "It's set in a mental asylum. It's awesome" was quite young too. Fantastic.

Hawkmonger 5th November 2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 375634)
North By Northwest contains a wonderful blooper:

North by Northwest funny goof - YouTube

0:19 - watch the boy in the background!

I don't see anything.....


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.