Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 21st November 2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 379140)
Superman would never destroy a highly explosive object in the middle of a densley populated area. Why? Collateral damage. By destroying the world engine Superman commited genocide! Hows that for shitting all over a much beloved character.

And as Del pointed put, it was boring as sin. The only reason I even remember anything about it is how irate I got over the finale. Easily the worst movie i`ve seen all year.

Eggs and omolletes man! He had to destroy it. What would you have him do? Lift the entire thing off into space and just let it float away?? That would be daft!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

trebor8273 21st November 2013 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=Hawkmonger;379116Now, Man of Steel. **** it. Just, **** it. I seriously can't remember dis-likeing a film as much as this. Just the sheer stupidity of it, and the total miss representation of Superman himself as a callouss, uncaring, cit destroying, mass murderer. The Marvel Cinematic Universe can be described as many things. Fan wankery, excessive, repetitive. I have never found one of their films dull or offensive to my intelligence. Rant over.[/QUOTE]

it was the one thing i liked it got away from the boy scout image, don't think of him as a mass murder, stupid and inexperienced yes. and he had to kill zod, no other option

Rik 21st November 2013 10:58 AM

Thanks for all the spoilers guys, haven't watched Man of Steel yet :rolleyes:

trebor8273 21st November 2013 11:05 AM

how much was fanny farm/spies like us?

Delirium 21st November 2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 379148)

Freudian slip?

trebor8273 21st November 2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 379152)
Freudian slip?

opps!!

Hawkmonger 21st November 2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 379145)
Eggs and omolletes man! He had to destroy it. What would you have him do? Lift the entire thing off into space and just let it float away?? That would be daft!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

He would have in the comics! And I think thats the core problem with the film. It a `gritty` Superman movie. And if there is one Superhero who is camp, silly and fun. It's Sup's.

Rik 21st November 2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 379163)
And if there is one Superhero who is camp, silly and fun. It's Sup's.

Clearly never seen this then!

Batman - Dance - YouTube

J Harker 21st November 2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 379163)
He would have in the comics! And I think thats the core problem with the film. It a `gritty` Superman movie. And if there is one Superhero who is camp, silly and fun. It's Sup's.

See now I've absolutely no experience with the original comics or any comic for that matter. So I rarely compare these films to the source material.
Personally the fact that Man of Steel is a more 'gritty' take on the Superman character is one of the reasons I liked it. It's about time he was forced to make harder moral decisions instead of just being able to come up with a perfect solution. It's this indestructible alien of almost limitless power forced to work in our reality that makes the film.
I can't really see anyone ever coming up with a genuinely universally adored Superman film because everyone expects different things of the character.

oaxaca 21st November 2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 379148)

$8.05 after the 10% discount at importcds. Think its 8 or 9 quid on amazon marketplace, can't quite remember.

... And nice Freudian slip lol :p