Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

sjconstable 21st November 2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 379163)
He would have in the comics! And I think thats the core problem with the film. It a `gritty` Superman movie. And if there is one Superhero who is camp, silly and fun. It's Sup's.

He used to be, just like Batman used to be too. If they then make a film to get away from that campness, why would you go and see the film just to then complain that it's no longer camp? You still have the old films to watch don't you? I never liked Superman because he was daft, Man of Steel has changed that so now I'm a fan, of this incarnation anyway.

Anyway, I watched the Man of Steel visual commentary last night and it was 3 hours of awesomeness, I highly recommend fans of the film import the American edition otherwise you're missing out on this, which is actually the main special feature.

Rik 21st November 2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 379173)

Anyway, I watched the Man of Steel visual commentary last night and it was 3 hours of awesomeness, I highly recommend fans of the film import the American edition otherwise you're missing out on this, which is actually the main special feature.

What's the region coding on it?

trebor8273 21st November 2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 379174)
What's the region coding on it?

isn't it warner so it should be region free. blu ray.com says it is.

Rik 21st November 2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 379175)
isn't it warner so it should be region free

Yeah, just checked on Blu-ray.com and it says region free, still a bit pricey for me at the minute seeing as I've not seen it

Rik 21st November 2013 01:39 PM

Finally got round to upgrading my Walking Dead season 1 DVD to the BD set, so now I have all 3 seasons on Blu, been waiting for one to turn up with the slipcase to match the others for ages!

Hawkmonger 21st November 2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 379173)
He used to be, just like Batman used to be too. If they then make a film to get away from that campness, why would you go and see the film just to then complain that it's no longer camp? You still have the old films to watch don't you? I never liked Superman because he was daft, Man of Steel has changed that so now I'm a fan, of this incarnation anyway.

Never knock sonething until you've tried it! I went into MOS with an open mind. Two hours later i'm not convinced the character works in a serious way. Batman evolved into the dark knight quickly. Even post Flashpoint, Superman is still the campest character in the DCU. And one of the more read able, though im of the opinion the new 52 was a waste of time.

trebor8273 21st November 2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 379180)
Never knock sonething until you've tried it! I went into MOS with an open mind. Two hours later i'm not convinced the character works in a serious way. Batman evolved into the dark knight quickly. Even post Flashpoint, Superman is still the campest character in the DCU. And one of the more read able, though im of the opinion the new 52 was a waste of time.

What have I started :lol:

monkeypedro 21st November 2013 02:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
My purchases for the last two weeks.

Sainsburys
House in Nightmare Park
Yakuza weapon
Vulgaria
Pacific Rim Steelbook

Zavvi
Withnail & I Steelbook
X-Rental box set

Amazon Marketplace
Address Unknown
Death Trance
Wild Card
Legendary Heroes 4-disc collection
The Boxers Omen
All Night Horror Marathon Vol.1
All Night Horror Marathon Vol.2
Suspense Triple feature
Borderland
Killer Nun
Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Ebay
Ghost School Quartet

Importcds
Corruption

I also ordered Grindhouse Releasings The Big Gundown as was only about £18 delivered from importcds as they have an extra 10% off.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st November 2013 02:03 PM

Three pages on Man of Steel. :rolleyes:

Enough!!!

At least on this thread. :tongue1:

Rik 21st November 2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 379184)
Three pages on Man of Steel. :rolleyes:

Enough!!!

At least on this thread. :tongue1:

Yeah, think they should move the discussion to the Blu Ray Bargain Alert thread :tongue1: