Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 25th November 2013 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just gave in and ordered this
Attachment 125017

troggi 25th November 2013 11:11 PM

Well, my blu ray player with multi- region DVD playback has just arrived and I tried it's upscaling properties on "Pacific Rim". I was pleased with the results so I went to Asda to see what blu rays I could buy cheap. I came back with "Oblivion" for a tenner and I will try it out in a little while.

J Harker 25th November 2013 11:23 PM

Am I right in thinking it's your first blu player trogg?

troggi 25th November 2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 379979)
Am I right in thinking it's your first blu player trogg?

Yes my friend, I saved my pennies for months for it. Beats the pants off my Xbox 360 that was my upstairs DVD player before.

Refused 25th November 2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 379981)
Yes my friend, I saved my pennies for months for it. Beats the pants off my Xbox 360 that was my upstairs DVD player before.

Don't get many firsts at your age, pal. Hope you enjoy it!

J Harker 26th November 2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 379981)

Cool beans fella, you enjoy it! And Oblivion looks incredible on blu.

Larusso 26th November 2013 08:19 AM

8 Attachment(s)
I was thinking of buying What Have They Done To Your Daughters? from shameless, anyone here know if its uncut?

keirarts 26th November 2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larusso (Post 380003)
I was thinking of buying What Have They Done To Your Daughters? from shameless, anyone here know if its uncut?

As far as i'm aware What have they done to your daughters is uncut..

The BBFC seem to confirm this.

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS? | British Board of Film Classification

PaulD 26th November 2013 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Larusso (Post 380003)

It is indeed - and an excellent film to boot. A kinda giallo/poliziotteschi hybrid. Nice haul there by the way!

I picked up The ABCs of Death in HMV on Sunday in a moment of impulse only to get home to realise it was £5 cheaper on Amazon. So I took it back yesterday and picked up this:

Larusso 26th November 2013 08:33 AM

Okay, thank you for the link keirarts. And thank you for confirming, PaulD. I always try to keep my collection free of censorship :tongue1: