Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 2nd January 2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 385339)
Tales from the Crypt Blu-ray just landed ;)

When did that get a blu ray release!

demonknight 2nd January 2014 10:54 AM

[QUOTE=trebor8273;385341]When did that get a blu ray releasebased QUOTE]

Released on Blu at the end of 2011. Got mine from SMOKECD'S based in New Zealand.

trebor8273 2nd January 2014 12:39 PM

January 2, 2014, 3:15 am, Gateshead Service Centre GB Initiated customs clearance process
December 31, 2013, 7:45 pm, Wednesbury Hub GB Initiated customs clearance process
December 27, 2013, 2:49 pm, Isleworth UK Completed customs clearance process
December 24, 2013, 5:18 pm, Isleworth UK Initiated customs clearance process
December 23, 2013, 11:35 am, US Package has left the carrier facility
December 20, 2013, 4:15 am, Des Plaines US Package arrived at a carrier facility
December 9, 2013, 7:13 pm, Coffeyville KS US Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

Is this normal awaiting a package, thought it went through customs only once when it first came into the country?

Also checked a hour ago and said it was out for delivery now it's intaited customs clearance process again.

InDogWeTrust 2nd January 2014 12:49 PM

19 Attachment(s)
Picked up this big stack just before Christmas. Got some great deals on most of these too. Really cool stuff!

Traffic Criterion Collection I found online for $2...Cheapest Criterion I've ever seen!
It had a few dollars postage but I got it from the same seller as Saturday Night Live set so I got combined postage, I think combined postage was only $4 so that's a deal alone. The SNL was also a great deal, I can't remember the item price of the top of my head though.

The John Wayne Collections was $15, So that comes out as $1 per movie plus it's in a cool tin case and includes a booklet inside.

Picked up The Boondocks season 1 online for $4 including postage.

The 2 Horror movie packs, Each have 10 films in them, I picked up at a local Big W. They were on sale for $5 each so it comes out as 50cents per film. Awesome deal! Had to pick them up and get 20 movies for only $10.

Mad Men season 1-3. Series I've really wanted to get into for a while now. I can finally start doing so. These were eBay purchases. All from different sellers but all great deals. Paid not a cent more than $6 for each of them.

Superman Vol. 1 & 2 of the classic animated serial. Another online deal for $2 a pop so $4 in total with free postage.

Moneyball Bluray, This was an online buy. Brand new. It was a deal at first but it took a long long time to get here and the seller ended up giving me a refund and letting me keep it when it finally did arrive...Free Bluray, What more could you want!

Scooby Doo meets Batman, Something I've been eying off for a while now. I'm a huge Batman fan, and I enjoy Scooby Doo on some occasions. This has been at my local K-Mart for $6 for ages and I've always been eying it off but never made the plunge. Then I saw it in a K-Mart brochure for $9. I was a little worried as it being $6 for so long that it had gone up. Lucky when I went to check at my local K-Mart they were still at $6 so I decided to take the leap and fork out the $6. Just incase it did go up...You never know!

Dick Tracy the original serial. Never seen any Dick Tracy, Not even the Warren Beaty film. But always been interested. Saw this for only $2 online, brand new. Had to pick it up!

Home Alone, A film I watch every Christmas. It's usually on TV or in some cases I've borrowed it on DVD. I have it on an old VHS but saw this DVD triple pack for a good price. Decided to jump on it for a Merry Movie Marathon this year. Definitely worth it.

And finally the DVD player laser cleaner. I know this really isn't a movie but it was still worth showing. It was actually a bargain in my opinion. I picked it up for only 50 cents and it includes a microfiber cloth. Can't even pick those up alone for that price! I thought I should get one just incase and just to throw in the DVD player to give it a clean. I really posted it up to ask you guys about it...Does anyone know if they're re-usable? It doesn't say anywhere on the case/instructions how many times it can be used so I assume it is re-usable but I'm not 100% sure. I seem to remember the VHS tape head cleaners only being able to be used a few times, are these the same? If I can re-use then it's an awesome addition and I can just throw it in the player every now and then to make sure it's tip top up to date...If not, It was still a bargain and after I use it I'll at least have a spare case for anytime I need one.

Anyways really happy with this haul of stuff.

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd January 2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 385177)
Recent arrivals

***not seen

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/31/y3azadad.jpg*** (I think this is a video to DVD transfer, but I'm not bothered.)

No it isn't.

Its a fairly nice widescreen print , although strangely it has the dvd company logo in the corner.

keirarts 2nd January 2014 03:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 127416

Arrived today!

Not opened it yet but looks to be a good package. I have a TON of sphagetti westerns in my to watch pile and I may start getting them watched soon!!!

trebor8273 2nd January 2014 04:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two deliveries today

Sam 2nd January 2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 385374)
Attachment 127416

Arrived today!

Not opened it yet but looks to be a good package. I have a TON of sphagetti westerns in my to watch pile and I may start getting them watched soon!!!

Really hankering for this one, I may bite soon as it's quite reasonable on importcds.com

sjconstable 2nd January 2014 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Latest acquisitions:

monkeyscreams 2nd January 2014 05:22 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/03/u8ebepym.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk