Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151367Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2014, 05:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
Picked up this big stack just before Christmas. Got some great deals on most of these too. Really cool stuff!

Traffic Criterion Collection I found online for $2...Cheapest Criterion I've ever seen!
It had a few dollars postage but I got it from the same seller as Saturday Night Live set so I got combined postage, I think combined postage was only $4 so that's a deal alone. The SNL was also a great deal, I can't remember the item price of the top of my head though.

The John Wayne Collections was $15, So that comes out as $1 per movie plus it's in a cool tin case and includes a booklet inside.

Picked up The Boondocks season 1 online for $4 including postage.

The 2 Horror movie packs, Each have 10 films in them, I picked up at a local Big W. They were on sale for $5 each so it comes out as 50cents per film. Awesome deal! Had to pick them up and get 20 movies for only $10.

Mad Men season 1-3. Series I've really wanted to get into for a while now. I can finally start doing so. These were eBay purchases. All from different sellers but all great deals. Paid not a cent more than $6 for each of them.

Superman Vol. 1 & 2 of the classic animated serial. Another online deal for $2 a pop so $4 in total with free postage.

Moneyball Bluray, This was an online buy. Brand new. It was a deal at first but it took a long long time to get here and the seller ended up giving me a refund and letting me keep it when it finally did arrive...Free Bluray, What more could you want!

Scooby Doo meets Batman, Something I've been eying off for a while now. I'm a huge Batman fan, and I enjoy Scooby Doo on some occasions. This has been at my local K-Mart for $6 for ages and I've always been eying it off but never made the plunge. Then I saw it in a K-Mart brochure for $9. I was a little worried as it being $6 for so long that it had gone up. Lucky when I went to check at my local K-Mart they were still at $6 so I decided to take the leap and fork out the $6. Just incase it did go up...You never know!

Dick Tracy the original serial. Never seen any Dick Tracy, Not even the Warren Beaty film. But always been interested. Saw this for only $2 online, brand new. Had to pick it up!

Home Alone, A film I watch every Christmas. It's usually on TV or in some cases I've borrowed it on DVD. I have it on an old VHS but saw this DVD triple pack for a good price. Decided to jump on it for a Merry Movie Marathon this year. Definitely worth it.

And finally the DVD player laser cleaner. I know this really isn't a movie but it was still worth showing. It was actually a bargain in my opinion. I picked it up for only 50 cents and it includes a microfiber cloth. Can't even pick those up alone for that price! I thought I should get one just incase and just to throw in the DVD player to give it a clean. I really posted it up to ask you guys about it...Does anyone know if they're re-usable? It doesn't say anywhere on the case/instructions how many times it can be used so I assume it is re-usable but I'm not 100% sure. I seem to remember the VHS tape head cleaners only being able to be used a few times, are these the same? If I can re-use then it's an awesome addition and I can just throw it in the player every now and then to make sure it's tip top up to date...If not, It was still a bargain and after I use it I'll at least have a spare case for anytime I need one.

Anyways really happy with this haul of stuff.
Nice to see ya back bud, that Saturday Night live set has some great Belushi/Chase/Aykroyd 70s stuff, Those head cleaners are okay but not as good as they were on VHS, but if they work for ya then yeah you can use em many times, they just brush the lens so no probs.

I still use a sony headcleaner on my VHS, still works after +100 uses.
InDogWeTrust likes this.
Old 2nd January 2014, 07:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Another order from arrow sale

Blowout
Dressed to kill
The car
Texas chainsaw massacre 2
Lady snowblood 1&2 after a bit humming and haring decided to see what this is like.
Old 2nd January 2014, 07:41 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Lady Snowblood is pretty good.
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Nice to see ya back bud, that Saturday Night live set has some great Belushi/Chase/Aykroyd 70s stuff, Those head cleaners are okay but not as good as they were on VHS, but if they work for ya then yeah you can use em many times, they just brush the lens so no probs.

I still use a sony headcleaner on my VHS, still works after +100 uses.
Thanks! It's great to be back!

Always good to have some cleaners for your players anyway I think so good pickup.
Old 3rd January 2014, 08:36 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default What Have You Bought Recently?

What Have You Bought Recently?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51tbaj2eKCL.jpg (49.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 717MiQqFrxL._SL1134_.jpg (91.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 51te5v2y0gL.jpg (46.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 3rd January 2014, 08:54 AM
Cult Addict

When is network next having a sale on? Some stuff I seriously want on there like Beasts, The Sweeny and The Owl Service.

DVD and BD collection
Old 3rd January 2014, 09:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

"Things" DVD from Intervision arrived this morning
bdc likes this.
Old 3rd January 2014, 09:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
Picked up this big stack just before Christmas. Got some great deals on most of these too. Really cool stuff!
Just realised this thread is in the Horror Tannery. Sorry guys if I was wrong to post all that non Horror related stuff. I seem to remember there being one of these threads just in the General Banter? Or am I wrong, Has it always just been in Horror Tannery and we use it for whatever?
Sorry guys, I haven't been on CL in around a year and just getting back into the gist of things. Everyone seems to be posting whatever here anyways so hope that's cool.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 3rd January 2014, 10:33 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's in The Horror Tannery because we don't have (at the moment, anyway) a general entertainment section, but I always use this for posting about films of every genre I've purchased.

For example, earlier today I ordered the Arrow Video BD release of Big Trouble in Little China. I don't know why I didn't order it sooner, but better late than never! I went for the standard release, but might by the Steelbook later this year.
Old 3rd January 2014, 10:35 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
When is network next having a sale on? Some stuff I seriously want on there like Beasts, The Sweeny and The Owl Service.
You missed it. It was on for three days at the start of December.

Still at least you can save up for 11 months until the next one.
Hawkmonger likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!