Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 4th January 2014 03:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Big cocks and little kids!

SShaw 4th January 2014 03:45 PM

My local dealer is having a three for two promotion so I bought:

The Pact
Rampart
Premium Rush

of which I have only seen the latter. My US blu-ray of Drug Wars also arrived while I was out.

Company Man which I mentioned a few days ago didn't appear to work with my blu-ray player (a Sony S350) so I also bought a new player (Sony S5100) while I was in town. I can confirm the blu-ray is region free but perhaps doesn't work with some older players - such as the S350. Will now have to remember where I put my universal remote so that I can hack the new player to all region DVD. I am guessing there are still no remote hacks for multi region blu-ray.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th January 2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 385687)
Big cocks and little kids!

Scary Stories is excellent MTDS.

I remembered the Cornish mining one from its initial airing. The Man from Nowhere is a beautiful little Gothic tale.

I hope you enjoy these as much as i did. :nod:

trebor8273 5th January 2014 06:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Forgot to post this yesterday

J Harker 5th January 2014 09:14 PM

Well I had a wander around Bristols HMV today with the notion of maybe picking something up. Bloody hell their pricing is just bonkers. Even worse than my local one.
Why have HMV just not learnt anything??

trebor8273 5th January 2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 385875)
Well I had a wander around Bristols HMV today with the notion of maybe picking something up. Bloody hell their pricing is just bonkers. Even worse than my local one.
Why have HMV just not learnt anything??

Greed and stupidity they deserve to close, haven't learned a thing. Feel sorry for the the staff but the higher ups are just a bunch of :censored: greedy morons.

Hawkmonger 5th January 2014 10:05 PM

Since I discovered Fopp Manchester I do all my in store purchases their. Insanely cheaper than HMV and often as cheap if not cheaper than online.

trebor8273 5th January 2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 385883)
Since I discovered Fopp Manchester I do all my in store purchases their. Insanely cheaper than HMV and often as cheap if not cheaper than online.

Don't HMV own fopp if true, it makes no sense that fopp is a lot cheaper

Hawkmonger 5th January 2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 385884)
Don't HMV own fopp if true, it makes no sense that fopp is a lot cheaper

I was in the belief that Fopp became its own franchise when HMV was nearly pulled under, thats why it was going to percevier through.

Make Them Die Slowly 5th January 2014 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 385890)
I was in the belief that Fopp became its own franchise when HMV was nearly pulled under, thats why it was going to percevier through.

I was in the Manchester Fopp yesterday and they have loads of films with HMV price stickers on them.