Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

InDogWeTrust 8th January 2014 10:24 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Oh god, I've gone and spent even more money :doh: I should probably stop doing that so much!

Anyways, Got some more cool deals today. I wrote about it on my blog for anyone who wants to check it out.

The Midnight Picture Show : Bargains! Bargains! Bargains! - Part 3

Demoncrat 8th January 2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 385982)
Its a lovely print D-Crat. :nod:

Ta, haven't had a chance to watch yet. Picked up Asylum Erotica. Wonder what the print will look like on that haha. Cheapo dvd etc.

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th January 2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 386294)
Ta, haven't had a chance to watch yet. Picked up Asylum Erotica. Wonder what the print will look like on that haha. Cheapo dvd etc.

Not great at all i'm afraid. Its cut for violence and nudity . Also looks awful.

I like the film, nice n' sleazy. The Shriek Show disc titled Slaughter Hotel is the way to go if you want to explore further.

PaulD 8th January 2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 386294)

Yeah, it looks like ass and is heavily cut as Dem says. Raro are bringing it out on BD at some point I believe

Demoncrat 8th January 2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 386298)
Not great at all i'm afraid. Its cut for violence but has the nudity intact as well.

I like the film, nice n' sleazy. The Shriek Show disc titled Slaughter Hotel is the way to go if you want to explore further.

ok, knew it was an alternate title, just couldnt remember etc. Noted. Will have a look just now for SH.

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th January 2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 386300)
ok, knew it was an alternate title, just couldnt remember etc. Noted. Will have a look just now for SH.

I realized i'd made a hash of my original post and was modifying it as you were quoting me. :lol:

Its heavily cut for violence and nudity. :nod:

applecore 8th January 2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 386036)
Bicycle thieves (blind buy)

Widely acclaimed as a great movie, but I absolutely hated it. If you're into Italian neo-realism then sure, you'll see it how it's intended. I could just be biased against it because I had to watch it about 5 times when doing Film Studies at college, but I found it really boring.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th January 2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 386303)
I could just be biased against it because I had to watch it about 5 times when doing Film Studies at college

When I did my MA in international Film, there were students who had previously completed an English and Film degree and never wanted to watch Mildred Pierce again for exactly the same reason.

trebor8273 8th January 2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 386303)
Widely acclaimed as a great movie, but I absolutely hated it. If you're into Italian neo-realism then sure, you'll see it how it's intended. I could just be biased against it because I had to watch it about 5 times when doing Film Studies at college, but I found it really boring.

I'm trying to get a bit of culture and broading my tastes but have a feeling I might be bored to tears

trebor8273 8th January 2014 12:26 PM

17 Attachment(s)
todays deliveries

from oaxaca

maniac cop 3
in the mouth of madness
monster squad
my bloody valentine

arrow

Texas chainsaw massacre 2
rififi
blow out