Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Susan Foreman 11th January 2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 386741)
Attachment 128158
Wanted to watch this because it's had good reviews but is never on brit T.V, should have got it a few weeks back but nevermind.
Looks really cheesy from the cover, but is supposed to be funny and is by Bob Clark so i thought it would be worth a watch. 50p CEX so no loss either way.

As a Christmas Cynic...this is a great film, with many laugh-out-loud moments

InDogWeTrust 11th January 2014 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 386797)

Yeah, I've seen that in my local JB H-Fi. I like that it's uncut but still doesn't have the special features I'm interested in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 386799)
I have this version, it's fully uncut and if I remember rightly has two different audio tracks, English dub and original Japanese w/subs

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/11/yhebazyp.jpg

Oh god, I don't want english dub...That stuff just ruins movies for me. I'm fine with subtitles. :lol:

Thanks guys. I'll keep looking. I should come across the perfect release eventually!

Boo Radley 11th January 2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust (Post 386795)

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMD...Skbps/$_57.JPG

Ichi The Killer

My favourite Takashi Miike film. I already own this one as well. I own a shitty Hong Kong dvd release of the film, which for a long time I thought was a bootleg. Still not even sure if it is or not. Also own the bloodpack edition DVD which I love for its special features but I hate the packaging. All the "blood" is dried up and the discs are now just sitting in this sticky plastic sleeve with all dried up red residue in it...and I have to like peel the plastic back before I can pull the discs out. It's awful! So that's the only reason I picked this one up. Still not sure about it though, as it doesn't have any special features or anything.

Can someone please recommend me a release for Ichi The Killer that's worth getting?
A good copy of the film with the special features that isn't in a shitty bloodpack please?
Even thinking of upgrading to BluRay for this one. I know there's a really cool German BluRay, which features a BluRay and 2 DVD's and includes special features...However subtitles are in German so that kind of ruins it.

I don't know, Someone recommend me a good Ichi The Killer release though! :pop2:

Thr best release of Ichi is the Dutch 2 disc DVD. Fully uncut with options of subs or dubs plus loads of extras. The Hong Kong disc was horribly cut, almost worse than the English effort! (Don't even look at the English release, a waste of time and money!) On BD you so far have the option of the Austrian disc but that has NO English options or the USA BD but that is region locked, if you are region free this one is the way to go.
Ichi The Killer. Uncut rare Dutch release. Slipcase. | eBay

Ichi the Killer (Blu-ray Disc) 631595091182 | eBay

:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th January 2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 386801)
As a Christmas Cynic...this is a great film, with many laugh-out-loud moments

Saw it for the first time the year before last (2012) and bought the blu-ray a few months ago, and watched it at christmas. Needless to say, it'll be watched every year until I shuffle off this mortal coil. A brilliant film.

InDogWeTrust 11th January 2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 386818)
Thr best release of Ichi is the Dutch 2 disc DVD. Fully uncut with options of subs or dubs plus loads of extras. The Hong Kong disc was horribly cut, almost worse than the English effort! (Don't even look at the English release, a waste of time and money!) On BD you so far have the option of the Austrian disc but that has NO English options or the USA BD but that is region locked, if you are region free this one is the way to go.
Ichi The Killer. Uncut rare Dutch release. Slipcase. | eBay

Ichi the Killer (Blu-ray Disc) 631595091182 | eBay

:)

Thanks Boo!
That dutch release looks like the way to go. :nod:
I'm going to end up with like 100 different copies of that darn movie!
All because of special features/bonus material. :doh:
I'm like an addict and I need my bonus material fix!

SCM 11th January 2014 10:11 AM

Ordered on Amazon yesterday:
Lifeforce, Black Sabbath and Time Bandits on Blu and got Slither on DVD for £0.65 1st hand.

Demoncrat 11th January 2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 386300)
ok, knew it was an alternate title, just couldnt remember etc. Noted. Will have a look just now for SH.

Found on on Ama**n. £2000!! Ka ching!!:pound:

Might wait for this Raro one then cough

Bringer Of Funerals 11th January 2014 10:40 AM

My SHAW BROTHERS martial art films have been dispatched along with my Babes, Guns and G-Strings collection from Mill Creek

InDogWeTrust 11th January 2014 11:38 AM

Got this big Marilyn Monroe 'Seven Year Itch' poster on the way to me.

https://24.media.tumblr.com/8b76c42a...32g3o1_500.png

mr 420 11th January 2014 11:40 AM

Had a bit of a splurge recently and got the following:

Bloody Moon - Severin
The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle - Shout Factory
Ideal Vol 7 - BBC (Finaly completed the set!)
The League Of Gentlemen's Apocalypse - Universal
UFC 144, Lesnar Vs Overeem - Fightdvd
Anvil, The Story Of Anvil - Universal
Grindhouse Trailer Classics 3 - Nucleus
The Stone Roses, Made Of Stone (2 disc version) - 4 Dvd
Friday 13th, Parts 2 and 3 (Special Editions) - Universal
The Mighty Boosh, Series 1 and 2 - BBC