Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Handyman Joe 13th January 2014 07:22 AM

Oh Boy I can't wait for Barrymores Jekyll and Hyde on blu - if ever a movie needed a new transfer it's my old DVD of that one, can barely see what's going on. Should be amazing.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th January 2014 10:49 AM

Have just received The Long Goodbye, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Steelbook) from Arrow and the From Dusk till Dawn Titty Twister Edition from Zavvi. I already own the French one with the metal bar sign, so now I have one to open and one to keep in shrinkwrap.

oaxaca 13th January 2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handyman Joe (Post 387110)
Oh Boy I can't wait for Barrymores Jekyll and Hyde on blu - if ever a movie needed a new transfer it's my old DVD of that one, can barely see what's going on. Should be amazing.

Here's the DVDBeaver review of the new blu ray, He says it swings from impressive to barely discernible in a few shots but these are far and few between. The BD has a very high bit rate and is dual layered so it seems Kino has done the absolute best they can with it :)

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1920) Blu-ray - John Barrymore

InDogWeTrust 13th January 2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 387129)
Here's the DVDBeaver review of the new blu ray, He says it swings from impressive to barely discernible in a few shots but these are far and few between. The BD has a very high bit rate and is dual layered so it seems Kino has done the absolute best they can with it :)

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1920) Blu-ray - John Barrymore

sounds like one i'll have to pick up eventually too then!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th January 2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 387128)
Have just received The Long Goodbye, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Steelbook) from Arrow

Annoyingly, The Long Goodbye didn't come with a postcard and Invasion of the Body Snatchers came with one (The Beast Within) which I already have.

trebor8273 13th January 2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 387138)
Annoyingly, The Long Goodbye didn't come with a postcard and Invasion of the Body Snatchers came with one (The Beast Within) which I already have.

Neither did mine, maybe the arrowdrome ones don't ?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th January 2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 387142)
Neither did mine, maybe the arrowdrome ones don't ?

The ArrowDrome DVDs do come with postcards but I guess you meant Arrow Academy, which don't come with postcards. I just realised it is an Arrow Academy release and not an Arrow Video one.

oaxaca 13th January 2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 387146)
The ArrowDrome DVDs do come with postcards but I guess you meant Arrow Academy, which don't come with postcards. I just realised it is an Arrow Academy release and not an Arrow Video one.

Yeh I didn't get a postcard with Arrow Academy's NIGHT OF THE HUNTER. Lovely reverse artwork though, Criterion's silly 'digipack' for this title annoyed me so I sold it when I heard Arrow were going to release it :p

trebor8273 13th January 2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 387146)

thats what i meant

monkeypedro 13th January 2014 01:09 PM

12 Attachment(s)
Not posted my purchases in a while but this is what i have bought in the last month.
A mixture of charity shops, Online purchases and a few competition prizes.