Like Tree151369Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th January 2014, 07:55 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Smut.
Just got an email from Amazon saying my order for "Oriental Babysitter" has been cancelled by the seller! No reason given, how strange.
Old 14th January 2014, 08:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
You would have seen the butchered and censored 4Kids version I grew up with then mate

Don't think the uncensored version ever made it to TV over here, but Madman are releasing the uncensored show now, and are certainly very far in on DVDs and blu rays now I think.
Oh really? Well I love Madman releases so I will definitely have to check them out if they come to a decent price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Love Object is a surprisingly decent psycho-sexual thriller about a lonely office worker who decides to buy a life-like sex doll, who he models on a woman he has a crush on at work. He then starts to believe the doll to be real through hallucinatory means and from putting so much emphasis into 'bringing the doll to life' due to his loneliness and yearning.

Splinter is a really good creature/survival horror with some great FX on a limited budget.

Both great choices (in my opinion of course).
Sounds great Biz. Thanks! Your description of Love Object sounds very similar to Lars and The Real Girl only with a thriller theme?

I love Lars and The Real Girl by the way so I'm looking forward to checking this one out.

Last edited by InDogWeTrust; 14th January 2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 14th January 2014, 09:21 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
While in Tesco I saw a stand for reduced books/dvd, got this 2disc for £1.25... but it came with the worst lock/alarm tag I've ever seen, had to break the side of the case to open it and find inside the brown locking tag running from the edge to the spine ridiculous system. Maybe that's why it was reduced

I saw that sale in my tesco. Bought a f***** stack of Top boy DVD's with Ashley walters in it £1.75 each. Took em all up to CEX where I got £5 a pop in store credit. Treated myself to Grand theft Auto 5 on PS3.

Also this turned up this morning... Will definately be the first thing I watch once done with the wire.

night tide.jpg
Old 14th January 2014, 09:22 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
Oh really? Well I love Madmen so I will definitely have to check them out if they come to a decent price.

Sounds great Biz. Thanks! Your description of Love Object sounds very similar to Lars and The Real Girl only with a thriller theme?

I love Lars and The Real Girl by the way so I'm looking forward to checking this one out.
Love object is fantastic. It arrived in my Blockbusters years back with little fanfare.
Old 14th January 2014, 09:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Love object is fantastic. It arrived in my Blockbusters years back with little fanfare.
Thats where i picked up my ex-rental from.
Old 14th January 2014, 11:32 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post

I've never seen Lars and the Real Girl so can't comment, although Love Object is pretty 'dark' in places. Hopefully you'll enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I can't remember where I got my copy from (Amazon marketplace perhaps...?) but I've had it for years.
InDogWeTrust likes this.
Old 15th January 2014, 03:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Today I picked up Striptease on Bluray for only $8. I don't mind paying $8 for a naked Demi Moore in high def

Unfortunately though, I went skateboarding straight after and I stacked with the bag containing the bluray in my hand. I didn't even realise till I got home that the disc actually came loose inside and I have a huge peeve about that. So I will be taking it back in the next few days and swapping it for an unharmed copy

Also received my big Marilyn Monroe poster in the mail today. As well as my Arrow release of The House By The Cemetery, Which I totally forgot I'd even ordered
Attached Images
File Type: jpg striptease_blu-ray.jpg (74.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 15th January 2014, 03:43 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Just got an email from Amazon saying my order for "Oriental Babysitter" has been cancelled by the seller! No reason given, how strange.
She's probably been detained at customs and deported back to her homeland, leaving the seller no choice but to cancel. This is what usually ends up happening (especially when ordering through Amazon)
Old 15th January 2014, 07:09 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
She's probably been detained at customs and deported back to her homeland, leaving the seller no choice but to cancel. This is what usually ends up happening (especially when ordering through Amazon)
Are you speaking from experience?
Old 15th January 2014, 08:05 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It was back in the day when Blocky would order anything and everything. It was a goldenage of straight to DVD horror and cult indie films. Nirvana. It was never as fun when they stuck to stocking only bigger name titles. It was mosaic that released it I believe. They were a great label for obscure horror.

As for Lars and the real girl. Well love object is like it's older wayward brother with a bit of a crack problem. Rougher round the edges and much darker I prefer Love Object.

Like this? Share it using the links below!