LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th January 2014, 08:31 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
In The Heat Of The Night screen grabs:

In the Heat of the Night Blu-ray - Sidney Poitier
Went to HMV yesterday intending to buy this but they didn't stock it. Didn't really surprise me as they are just crap in general
trebor8273 likes this.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 15th January 2014, 08:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
Oh man, I've been meaning to watch Carnivale for ages now. I checked out the first 3 or 4 episodes...Really dug it!
Me too. I've owned both seasons for years, since they came out, and STILL haven't watched them. I lent them to a friend though and he loved them - said it's quite Twin Peaks and has a real atmosphere to it, being set in the dust-bowl and all. It's the next series on the list for the lady and I. Only two seasons, so shouldn't take long.

That's what a good friend I am. I lend things out before watching stuff myself.
InDogWeTrust likes this.
Old 15th January 2014, 09:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Me too. I've owned both seasons for years, since they came out, and STILL haven't watched them. I lent them to a friend though and he loved them - said it's quite Twin Peaks and has a real atmosphere to it, being set in the dust-bowl and all. It's the next series on the list for the lady and I. Only two seasons, so shouldn't take long.

That's what a good friend I am. I lend things out before watching stuff myself.
Yeah, I'm a big Twin Peaks fan and that's why I wanted to watch Carnivale in the first place. For Michael J. Anderson (The Man from Another Place AKA The Midget in the red room).
The first few episodes I checked out didn't actually feel like Twin Peaks to me, But nevertheless it was pretty fun and I definitely have to go back and do a complete watch of the entire series.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 15th January 2014, 09:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Okay I'm officially done with buying movies for a while now. I just ordered the big Ben Hur 50th anniversary limited edition Blu Ray box set.

That's it! I'm done. Putting down the visa card, putting down the wallet, Staying away from any stores, Won't be logging onto eBay or Amazon. Giving my bank balance a rest for a while.
Old 15th January 2014, 09:23 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I'm a big Twin Peaks fan and that's why I wanted to watch Carnivale in the first place. For Michael J. Anderson (The Man from Another Place AKA The Midget in the red room).
The first few episodes I checked out didn't actually feel like Twin Peaks to me, But nevertheless it was pretty fun and I definitely have to go back and do a complete watch of the entire series.
I can vouch that Carnivale is superb. Stick with it as it takes a few episodes for the real oddness to creep in. There are some genuinely CREEPY episodes. Look out for the one where the carnival stops at the mining town.. its really eerie.

Quick look at my Amazon Wishlist and bought this off ZOVERSTOCKS for 11 pence!!!

deadmountaineer.jpg

No idea why, the next most expensive was £15.

Not seen it but heard good things and 11p is hardly a gamble.
bdc likes this.
Old 15th January 2014, 09:25 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Okay I'm officially done with buying movies for a while now. I just ordered the big Ben Hur 50th anniversary limited edition Blu Ray box set.

That's it! I'm done. Putting down the visa card, putting down the wallet, Staying away from any stores, Won't be logging onto eBay or Amazon. Giving my bank balance a rest for a while.
I can quit anytime I want man!!!!

We all say that at one point or another
Old 15th January 2014, 09:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

another blind buy which is another cheap germany blu.

Edgar Allan Poe Edition - Die besten Filme Blu-ray Limited Edition: Amazon.de: Roger Corman: Filme & TV

And just ordered down that dreaded sundown from ebay
The Town That Dreaded Sundown (Blu-ray/DVD, 2013, 2-Disc Set, DVD/Blu-ray) 826663140316 | eBay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poe.jpg (41.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg The-town-that-dreaded-sundown-bluray.jpg (11.7 KB, 4 views)
bdc and bizarre_eye@Cult Labs like this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 15th January 2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 15th January 2014, 12:18 PM
Active Cultist

Just received my Monday night order of the House Collection from the CEX website. Was really chuffed because that's really fast service.
Then I opened the jiffy bag. Absolutely shocking condition.
Needless to say, I've sent off an e-mail to CEX saying I want either a replacement or full refund, as if I'd come across it in store, I wouldn't have bought it. Certainly not for the £10 they charged online.
Not sure if the picture really shows, but on the front, the sticker they've tried to remove has actually ripped off some of the artwork. And yes, those are charity shop price tags on the back..

Oh and the bloody booklet's not in it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140115_124743_resized.jpg (85.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20140115_124758_resized.jpg (92.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 15th January 2014, 12:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by applecore View Post
Just received my Monday night order of the House Collection from the CEX website. Was really chuffed because that's really fast service.
Then I opened the jiffy bag. Absolutely shocking condition.
Needless to say, I've sent off an e-mail to CEX saying I want either a replacement or full refund, as if I'd come across it in store, I wouldn't have bought it. Certainly not for the £10 they charged online.
Not sure if the picture really shows, but on the front, the sticker they've tried to remove has actually ripped off some of the artwork. And yes, those are charity shop price tags on the back..

Oh and the bloody booklet's not in it!!
That's cex for you, surprised they got it out so fast, expect to wait at least a week for a reply.
Old 15th January 2014, 12:26 PM
Active Cultist

The automated response said 48 hours to reply. If I don't hear from them by Monday I'll be phoning them up.

Like this? Share it using the links below!