Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 15th January 2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 387437)
The automated response said 48 hours to reply. If I don't hear from them by Monday I'll be phoning them up.

I don't think they have a contact number, I had a wait of two weeks before I got a reply, check there Facebook page with problems people have.

might be better to post there as they seem to take more notice

applecore 15th January 2014 12:57 PM

Just put something on their facebook page, hopefully get a response.

trebor8273 15th January 2014 01:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
today's deliveries.once again thanks to Oaxaca for the prompt delivery

keirarts 15th January 2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 387435)
Just received my Monday night order of the House Collection from the CEX website. Was really chuffed because that's really fast service.
Then I opened the jiffy bag. Absolutely shocking condition.
Needless to say, I've sent off an e-mail to CEX saying I want either a replacement or full refund, as if I'd come across it in store, I wouldn't have bought it. Certainly not for the £10 they charged online.
Not sure if the picture really shows, but on the front, the sticker they've tried to remove has actually ripped off some of the artwork. And yes, those are charity shop price tags on the back..

Oh and the bloody booklet's not in it!!

The perils of ordering from CEX website. Bare in mind they do not guarantee covers/sleeves with their films, on occasion I have known people to recieve photocopied covers. Also say for example you order the classic era little women, if its sent from some stores they can send the winona ryder version (i know someone this happened to) and one time I ordered KARAS the prophecy the discs were absolutely trashed.

Still, if you do get the right item in the right condition there are bargains to be had still....

trebor8273 15th January 2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 387452)
The perils of ordering from CEX website. Bare in mind they do not guarantee covers/sleeves with their films, on occasion I have known people to recieve photocopied covers. Also say for example you order the classic era little women, if its sent from some stores they can send the winona ryder version (i know someone this happened to) and one time I ordered KARAS the prophecy the discs were absolutely trashed.

Still, if you do get the right item in the right condition there are bargains to be had still....

Also they don't pack stuff well so it could of happened in transit , had stuff delivered with no discs in. Ordered fright night and send the remake, mind it WAS the right box. At times I think a trained monkey could do a better job than there staff. But as you say their are bargains to be had

keirarts 15th January 2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 387453)
Also they don't pack stuff well so it could of happened in transit , had stuff delivered with no discs in. Ordered fright night and send the remake, mind it WAS the right box. At times I think a trained monkey could do a better job than there staff. But as you say their are bargains to be had

Having applied and gone through the interview process with CEX I can tell you they make a big deal in the publicity about their staff having product knowledge but generally you just have to fit a certain image type. Every store I go in there's 'the lad who always wears his hat even indoors' 'the good looking lass whose a bit nerdy so you COULD be in with a chance' 'the bloke/lass who loves tattoos and piercings' and 'the older geeky guy at the back whose usually the supervisor' .

I probably sound bitter but I know I aced the product knowledge quiz as I watched them mark it, I have loads of retail supervisory experience and product knowledge and i'm flexible with my hours but I don't fit their profile and i'm over 30 as well....:mmph:

applecore 15th January 2014 03:02 PM

An update of sorts, aside from some nosy sod poking their nose in and saying that the condition "doesn't look that bad" and "it's second hand, what do you expect?", I've had a comment from the CeX page saying the customer service team have received my e-mail and are looking into it. Blegh. Not holding out a lot of hope to be honest.

keirarts 15th January 2014 03:03 PM

Also, my ONE PIECE season 5 box 2 FINALLY arrived with a whopping bill attached thanks to customs. £8 was the Royal mails 'handling fee' but I have no idea what it is they actually did as it didn't speed the process up any.

Have e-mailed I-deals back to let them know!

Also my criterion edition of THE BLOB turned up. It looks BLOODY AMAZING.

trebor8273 15th January 2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 387457)
An update of sorts, aside from some nosy sod poking their nose in and saying that the condition "doesn't look that bad" and "it's second hand, what do you expect?", I've had a comment from the CeX page saying the customer service team have received my e-mail and are looking into it. Blegh. Not holding out a lot of hope to be honest.

just read those posts, and he seems to do the same thing on every post, makes me think that he works for them, from his facebook picture certainly looks like the type cex employ

applecore 15th January 2014 03:09 PM

I did check his profile myself to see if he was an employee but apparently he works at Morrisons. I have a mutual friend with him so I might ask haha. If he was a CeX employee then this situation would get very interesting indeed!