Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 20th January 2014 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 388309)
I must be the only one who's never had any trouble with Zoverstocks, i've ordered their stuff on Amazon quite a bit and they've always arrived pretty quickly. (and no i don't work for them)
Probably cursed myself now though by saying that.:)

Attachment 128663

Well I ordered the above from them last week. Today a CD of polish folk music turned up. :crazy:

trebor8273 20th January 2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 388363)
Attachment 128663

Well I ordered the above from them last week. Today a CD of polish folk music turned up. :crazy:

How can you they make a mistake like that, ok two DVDs maybe but a DVD getting mixed up with a cd of polish folk music??

nosferatu42 20th January 2014 10:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Recent pick ups.

Attachment 128676

Watched 'City of god' recently and really liked it so thought i'd give this a go, supposed to be a vague sequel, but will probably be rubbish.

Attachment 128677

Not seen this but looks interesting.

Attachment 128678

Not seen 'the curse' but always remembered the video cover made it look interesting. Supposedly an adaption of Lovecraft's 'The colour out of space', stars Wil Wheeaaton !!.
I read that apparently Lucio Fulci was co-producer and is said to have supervised the special gore effects, so i thought what the hell. (tho on the back cover it says Louis Fulci:confused:.
I'm not expecting much but 80's & cheesy sounds good to me.:)

Attachment 128679

Curse 2 is unrelated but i do remember seeing that on VHS when it came out, some bloke gets bitten by a radioactive snake and his right arm turns into a snake or somethin'.:loco:
Remember thinking was ok at the time so it will be interesting to see it again.:pop2:

keirarts 20th January 2014 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 388366)
How can you they make a mistake like that, ok two DVDs maybe but a DVD getting mixed up with a cd of polish folk music??

If you type the barcode in on the back into the amazon search bar it comes up as the DVD. Somehow they missed this. Given that they also operate as music magpie they probably deal with hundreds, if not thousands of CD's and DVD's that they pay a pittance for and turn around on Amazon.

The whole 1p thing is because they have software set up that automatically undercuts if someone goes on there cheaper. This is why some people list crappy items dirt cheap just so the big Z will undercut so they can get stuff cheaper. I must have 'interrupted' someone doing this when I picked up boogeyman/devonsville terror double bill for £3 that ordinarily lists at £15.

They have been successful and grown huge, unfortunately it just makes some of the holes in their business strategy grow bigger. Check out the generic blurb on their product description.

"Buy with confidence from a huge UK seller with over 3 million feedback ratings, all items despatched next day directly from the UK. All items are quality guaranteed"

They are indeed huge, and if you get a problem you will get your money back. They don't however dispatch next day as plenty of items take several days to enter the postal system.

Linbro 20th January 2014 11:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These beauties arrived while we were away

SCM 21st January 2014 09:50 AM

well slither came through on friday
went to the new cex in dunfermline on saturday and picked up on DVD: macabre and don't go in the house. On blu ray i picked up shogun assassin, a bay of blood and return of the living dead steelbook

trebor8273 21st January 2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 388386)
Recent pick ups.

Attachment 128676

Watched 'City of god' recently and really liked it so thought i'd give this a go, supposed to be a vague sequel, but will probably be rubbish.

Attachment 128677

Not seen this but looks interesting.

Attachment 128678

Not seen 'the curse' but always remembered the video cover made it look interesting. Supposedly an adaption of Lovecraft's 'The colour out of space', stars Wil Wheeaaton !!.
I read that apparently Lucio Fulci was co-producer and is said to have supervised the special gore effects, so i thought what the hell. (tho on the back cover it says Louis Fulci:confused:.
I'm not expecting much but 80's & cheesy sounds good to me.:)

Attachment 128679

Curse 2 is unrelated but i do remember seeing that on VHS when it came out, some bloke gets bitten by a radioactive snake and his right arm turns into a snake or somethin'.:loco:
Remember thinking was ok at the time so it will be interesting to see it again.:pop2:

Can't remember if I saw the curse but I do remember the VHS artwork. Think I might pick it up, is it just me or is the original artwork a hundred times better than what's on the DVD.

Bringer Of Funerals 21st January 2014 10:30 AM

5 more Shaw Brothers dvds came today

My Young Auntie
Come Drink With Me
Return Of The One Armed Swordsman
Disciples Of The 36th Chamber
Flying Guillotine

trebor8273 21st January 2014 02:21 PM

7 Attachment(s)
today's deliveries. graveyard disturbance and tootsie from zoverstocks, rest from Stephen. i don't know where i got the idea cannibal women was a 18 full of gore, cannibalism and sex!

nosferatu42 21st January 2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 388431)
Can't remember if I saw the curse but I do remember the VHS artwork. Think I might pick it up, is it just me or is the original artwork a hundred times better than what's on the DVD.

Yep your'e completely right, don't know what goes through distributors minds sometimes, in my opinion the original artwork for 'Return of the living dead' is also far superior to any cover since. And many other cases exist too.:nod: