Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151369Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th January 2014, 07:54 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I must be the only one who's never had any trouble with Zoverstocks, i've ordered their stuff on Amazon quite a bit and they've always arrived pretty quickly. (and no i don't work for them)
Probably cursed myself now though by saying that.
deadmountaineer.jpg

Well I ordered the above from them last week. Today a CD of polish folk music turned up.
Old 20th January 2014, 07:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Attachment 128663

Well I ordered the above from them last week. Today a CD of polish folk music turned up.
How can you they make a mistake like that, ok two DVDs maybe but a DVD getting mixed up with a cd of polish folk music??
Old 20th January 2014, 10:42 PM
Cult Addict

Recent pick ups.

citm.jpg

Watched 'City of god' recently and really liked it so thought i'd give this a go, supposed to be a vague sequel, but will probably be rubbish.

ammar.jpg

Not seen this but looks interesting.

curse.jpg

Not seen 'the curse' but always remembered the video cover made it look interesting. Supposedly an adaption of Lovecraft's 'The colour out of space', stars Wil Wheeaaton !!.
I read that apparently Lucio Fulci was co-producer and is said to have supervised the special gore effects, so i thought what the hell. (tho on the back cover it says Louis Fulci.
I'm not expecting much but 80's & cheesy sounds good to me.

curs.jpg

Curse 2 is unrelated but i do remember seeing that on VHS when it came out, some bloke gets bitten by a radioactive snake and his right arm turns into a snake or somethin'.
Remember thinking was ok at the time so it will be interesting to see it again.
Old 20th January 2014, 11:31 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
How can you they make a mistake like that, ok two DVDs maybe but a DVD getting mixed up with a cd of polish folk music??
If you type the barcode in on the back into the amazon search bar it comes up as the DVD. Somehow they missed this. Given that they also operate as music magpie they probably deal with hundreds, if not thousands of CD's and DVD's that they pay a pittance for and turn around on Amazon.

The whole 1p thing is because they have software set up that automatically undercuts if someone goes on there cheaper. This is why some people list crappy items dirt cheap just so the big Z will undercut so they can get stuff cheaper. I must have 'interrupted' someone doing this when I picked up boogeyman/devonsville terror double bill for £3 that ordinarily lists at £15.

They have been successful and grown huge, unfortunately it just makes some of the holes in their business strategy grow bigger. Check out the generic blurb on their product description.

"Buy with confidence from a huge UK seller with over 3 million feedback ratings, all items despatched next day directly from the UK. All items are quality guaranteed"

They are indeed huge, and if you get a problem you will get your money back. They don't however dispatch next day as plenty of items take several days to enter the postal system.
Old 20th January 2014, 11:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

These beauties arrived while we were away
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (97.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 21st January 2014, 09:50 AM
Seasoned Cultist

well slither came through on friday
went to the new cex in dunfermline on saturday and picked up on DVD: macabre and don't go in the house. On blu ray i picked up shogun assassin, a bay of blood and return of the living dead steelbook
Old 21st January 2014, 10:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Recent pick ups.

Attachment 128676

Watched 'City of god' recently and really liked it so thought i'd give this a go, supposed to be a vague sequel, but will probably be rubbish.

Attachment 128677

Not seen this but looks interesting.

Attachment 128678

Not seen 'the curse' but always remembered the video cover made it look interesting. Supposedly an adaption of Lovecraft's 'The colour out of space', stars Wil Wheeaaton !!.
I read that apparently Lucio Fulci was co-producer and is said to have supervised the special gore effects, so i thought what the hell. (tho on the back cover it says Louis Fulci.
I'm not expecting much but 80's & cheesy sounds good to me.

Attachment 128679

Curse 2 is unrelated but i do remember seeing that on VHS when it came out, some bloke gets bitten by a radioactive snake and his right arm turns into a snake or somethin'.
Remember thinking was ok at the time so it will be interesting to see it again.
Can't remember if I saw the curse but I do remember the VHS artwork. Think I might pick it up, is it just me or is the original artwork a hundred times better than what's on the DVD.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 21st January 2014, 10:30 AM
Cult Acolyte

5 more Shaw Brothers dvds came today

My Young Auntie
Come Drink With Me
Return Of The One Armed Swordsman
Disciples Of The 36th Chamber
Flying Guillotine
bdc and keirarts like this.
Old 21st January 2014, 02:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

today's deliveries. graveyard disturbance and tootsie from zoverstocks, rest from Stephen. i don't know where i got the idea cannibal women was a 18 full of gore, cannibalism and sex!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0120.jpg (91.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0121.jpg (92.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0122.jpg (90.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0123.jpg (92.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0124.jpg (87.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0125.jpg (88.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0126.jpg (85.2 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by trebor8273; 21st January 2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 21st January 2014, 02:47 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Can't remember if I saw the curse but I do remember the VHS artwork. Think I might pick it up, is it just me or is the original artwork a hundred times better than what's on the DVD.
Yep your'e completely right, don't know what goes through distributors minds sometimes, in my opinion the original artwork for 'Return of the living dead' is also far superior to any cover since. And many other cases exist too.

Like this? Share it using the links below!