Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

ArgentoFan1987 2nd February 2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 390305)
Hey ArgentoFan..

PRO TIP: Did you know if you add your pics as attachments (instead of embedding them as an IMG) then they will still be viewable on the thread, but won't take us half a day to scroll down. ;)

I tried that once, but it took forever to upload on my phone. Sorry :(

ArgentoFan1987 2nd February 2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 390312)
I hope you're not implying I'm one of the 'MTV generation' who likes their editing hyper-fast etc., I just have good taste that's all, Friday the 13th was an uninspired knock-off of Bay of Blood and Halloween, with nothing to recommend about it. My parents thought Friday the 13th was shit back when it came out too ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I found Suzi's comment quite offensive as well. It's not nice to tar everyone with the same brush.

ArgentoFan1987 2nd February 2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dis (Post 390375)
hi guys,had a bit of a spending spree,and have just got/brought

HORA ANOTHER WORLD ENTERTAINMENT
HOLLYWOOD CHAINSAW HOOKERS HARDBOX
THE BEAST IN SPACE SHAMELESS
BARRICADE UNCUT LIMITED VERSION
GOBLET OF GORE
GUTS OF A BEAUTY STRONG UNCUT VERSION
FAMINE LIMITED COLLECTORS EDITION
AMSTERDAMNED SHAMELESS
THE BUNNY GAME
LAS VEGAS SERIAL KILLER
IRREVERSIBLE TARTAN
NUDE FOR SATAN FULL UNCENSORED VERSION
REVENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD GIRLS
SLAUGHTER HIGH ARROW

thought about getting house of flesh mannequins,thriller a cruel picture,undertow,torched,grindhouse collection {satans sadists,blue sunshine,pig keepers daughter },redeemer{ pricey },and mordum.
anyone recomend any of these?

thanks

I loved Slaughter High (but I'm probably the only person here)

Couldn't watch Irreversible. Not just very hard to watch, but it's also a piece of shit.

Make Them Die Slowly 2nd February 2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

GOBLET OF GORE
AMSTERDAMNED SHAMELESS
THE BUNNY GAME
LAS VEGAS SERIAL KILLER
IRREVERSIBLE TARTAN
SLAUGHTER HIGH ARROW

thought about getting house of flesh mannequins,thriller a cruel picture,undertow,torched,grindhouse collection {satans sadists,blue sunshine,pig keepers daughter },redeemer{ pricey },and mordum.

thanks

House of Flesh Mannequins is bloody awful, a remake of "Peeping Tom" with woeful "transgressive" actions and images chucked in. It tries really hard but sadly fails.

Pig Keepers Daughter is fun if you like f*cking in the hay!

Delirium 2nd February 2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

GOBLET OF GORE
AMSTERDAMNED SHAMELESS
THE BUNNY GAME
LAS VEGAS SERIAL KILLER
IRREVERSIBLE TARTAN
SLAUGHTER HIGH ARROW

thanks

There's a fair amount of controversial over quality in that collection if you ask me, but you've balanced it with some pretty decent stuff.

As for the others, I recommend Thriller: A Cruel Picture. And like an earlier poster said, I think the non-hardcore cut (the footage is added in) is the better film. It's the yellow cover one - it was released after the hardcore cut due to fans requesting it.

I really wouldn't go for Mordum (or any of the August Underground/Fred Vogel/Toe-Tag films) as it's utterly dreadful, amateurish faux-snuff nonsense. But as its controversial status precedes it, I feel you've probably made up your mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 390400)
Couldn't watch Irreversible. Not just very hard to watch, but it's also a piece of shit.

And that's the second time I've been incredulous on these forums today. Irreversible is a masterpiece.

sjconstable 2nd February 2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 390419)
And that's the second time I've been incredulous on these forums today. Irreversible is a masterpiece.

I hated Irreversible, it seemed to take Memento's reverse chronology and use it as a gimmick, with disgustingly explicit scenes of rape and violence and not a lot else. It's been a long time since I saw it, though - but I don't fancy giving it a second chance to be honest.

keirarts 2nd February 2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 390368)
You don't watch much do you? ;) :lol:

Or just lived a very short life...

keirarts 2nd February 2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 390419)

In fairness Every Gasper Noe film i've seen from Carne, I stand alone all the way through to into the void have all elicited extreme responses from adoration to outright hatred. Personally I prefer these kinds of directors.

Delirium 2nd February 2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 390430)
In fairness Every Gasper Noe film i've seen from Carne, I stand alone all the way through to into the void have all elicited extreme responses from adoration to outright hatred. Personally I prefer these kinds of directors.

It's true, I really shouldn't be surprised. And people have every right to be angry as the material warrants reaction. I too have only seen Irreversible once, back when it was first released, but it burned into my consciousness and utterly floored me. I don't want to risk diminishing that experience by revisiting it.

I met Noe after a screening of Enter the Void. I shook his hand and told him I loved the film. He was quiet, unassuming, friendly... but nervous and somewhat edgy. I assume he's used to getting strong reactions to his films at festivals as he had the look of a man half expecting someone to lunge at him rather than shake his hand.

Nemesis 2nd February 2014 08:24 PM

Ordered:

Mystics in Bali
That cold day in the park BD