Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

sjconstable 3rd February 2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 390557)
I supposed to be saving for my holiday but the temptation is killing me.

Sell some films you're not bothered about anymore to the value of Demons 1 & 2 :coolblue:

Anyway, can't wait to see Suspiria looking as high quality and colour-correct as these films do, thank God Synapse got the rights.

nosferatu42 3rd February 2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 390555)
Put it this way: I'm not even a fan of the films (Lamberto Bava hasn't made a single good film in my opinion), and yet I'm very happy with my purchases! Don't be jealous mate, can't you buy Demons now and then Demons 2 when you next get paid?

I really like 'Demons' and 'A blade in the dark' is ok, didn't think much of 'Macabre' though and 'Graveyard disturbance' is absolutely awful.:pop2:

But please yerself if u want to buy films you don't like.;)

Delirium 3rd February 2014 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 390494)
Dunno, I thought The Room and Birdemic were so bad they were just plain unwatchable.

I'm always suspicious of "so bad they're good" films, but The Room is just that - and fully deserving of its cult status.

I wouldn't put The Room and Birdemic together, however. The thing that works about The Room is that you can honestly believe that old Tommy Wiseau actually thought he was making an important and profound rom-com. The fact it's just astoundingly, staggeringly bad is just icing on the cake - a real happy accident. It's the Citizen Kane of ineptitude if you ask me, and genuinely funny.

Birdemic may have its fans on the cult movie circuit, but I generally have little time for self-concious "look how crap this is" wannabe cult films. Which is why when Wiseau stated he was going to make The Room 2, following its cult success, you just know it couldn't work.

sjconstable 3rd February 2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 390562)
But please yerself if u want to buy films you don't like.;)

I don't make a habit of it haha. It's a sound investment with these anyway, if I want to sell them I should be able to make at least a small profit.

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd February 2014 06:35 PM

Because of my unhealthy obsession with original poster artwork, I bought a couple of Hudson Hawk dvds cheap on ebay. Already had the special edition, so got the R1 & German dvds since all of them feature the different theatrical poster art. Some might ask why I even bought one dvd of Hudson Hawk. :lol:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/04/ubudupy7.jpg

bdc 3rd February 2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 390555)
Put it this way: I'm not even a fan of the films (Lamberto Bava hasn't made a single good film in my opinion), and yet I'm very happy with my purchases!

I'm slightly puzzled by this,why are you happy then exactly? ;)

Rik 3rd February 2014 07:03 PM

Me too, £80 for two films you don't even like :confused:

J Harker 3rd February 2014 07:07 PM

Out of curiosity does having foreign writing on your dvds and blu's not bother you Stephen.
While I appreciate the whole artwork thing I'd still prefer the writing to be in english.

J Harker 3rd February 2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 390571)
Me too, £80 for two films you don't even like :confused:

Me three. (Didn't like to be first to ask). I'd be very hesitant forking out eighty squid for two films I did like!

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd February 2014 07:16 PM

What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 390573)
Out of curiosity does having foreign writing on your dvds and blu's not bother you Stephen.
While I appreciate the whole artwork thing I'd still prefer the writing to be in english.

Not at all. I don't mind it. Although, I wouldn't like a steelbook with foreign writing. I know that sounds even stranger. And I'd rather have the foreign writing than a UK & Irish ratings logo on it.