Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nordicdusk 5th February 2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 390878)
I thought that too, but I forgive him ;)

Im sorry DK :pray:

;)

Linbro 5th February 2014 09:39 PM

Just pre-ordered 'Stage Fright'. Don't usually do pre-orders, but was slightly concerned when I saw that it's limited.
What are Exposure like, in general, with their releases?

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th February 2014 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 390925)
Just pre-ordered 'Stage Fright'. Don't usually do pre-orders, but was slightly concerned when I saw that it's limited.

I have the dvd of The Uninvited and it's excellent. A fine restoration, radio adaptation of the film and a nice colourful 24 page booklet as well.

As a label i really like them, it's a shame they don't have a bigger roster of films yet.

keirarts 5th February 2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 390925)

I suspect they will be cool. As is pointed out here, their new but so far their releases have been impressive. I may have to pick up their back catalog when I have a few quid to hand. :nod:

Linbro 5th February 2014 10:05 PM

Good news, thanks guys.
Looks like this will be the first in a series of horror limited editions, from Exposure?

keirarts 6th February 2014 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 390930)
Good news, thanks guys.
Looks like this will be the first in a series of horror limited editions, from Exposure?

Hopefully. I know BU have the US rights and are releasing as well so anyone does miss out (I doubt it) will have a second chance at the film. Either way i'm keeping hold of my old vipco release to make sure I have an unmatted version of the film.

keirarts 6th February 2014 06:39 AM

Also werdly, got home last night to find my post had arrived past 7 o'clock?! Very odd.

House of Laughing windows arrived from Zoverstocks £1.94 before postage and I opened the package to find its still sealed.

Result! :rockon:

Linbro 6th February 2014 06:48 AM

Keirarts, is the Vipco a decent, uncut release?

Rik 6th February 2014 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 390939)
Also werdly, got home last night to find my post had arrived past 7 o'clock?! Very odd.

House of Laughing windows arrived from Zoverstocks £1.94 before postage and I opened the package to find its still sealed.

Result! :rockon:

I bought the Never Sleep Again doc from them, which was listed as "used-very good", that came sealed too, third time it's happened from them :nod:

keirarts 6th February 2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 390941)
Keirarts, is the Vipco a decent, uncut release?

Strangely it is.

There are no bonus features but its 4:3 unmatted so retains the image at the top and bottom of the screen. Vipco are/were notorious for sticking out whatever print they got handed which led to some awful releases. However. A lot of the later period films from Italy had decent prints so Stagefright, house of lost souls, ghosthouse, sweet house of horrors ect. are all pretty decent releases. Especially given how cheap they can be bought for.

In terms of DVD editions this is the very best...

Stage Fright..Michelle Soavi..Uncut Version..: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

It cuts through the debate on which version (widescreen, fullscreen) to watch by providing both.