Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151385Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th February 2014, 09:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
If it's the same as the British release which, by the cover, it looks to be, it contains the pilot, which is absent from the US release.
Yep, It sure does have the Pilot!
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th February 2014, 11:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
Yep, It sure does have the Pilot!
Does it have the feature length 'movie' version of the pilot? In the uk that was only on the gold edition? I love that version. The extra stuff included to boost the running time is maddeningly surreal.
Old 9th February 2014, 12:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Does it have the feature length 'movie' version of the pilot? In the uk that was only on the gold edition? I love that version. The extra stuff included to boost the running time is maddeningly surreal.
I believe it is the movie length pilot. I'm not entirely sure but I assume it is as each disc has a running time and the first disc which only has 2 episodes (Pilot & Episode 1) has the same running time as the others which have 3 episodes. There's also a special features disc, Not sure what's on that but I'm keen to check it out.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th February 2014, 05:04 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Another one for the collection...

EDIT: Also just scored this from Zoverstocks for a pretty reasonable price due to them undercutting someone who was selling a used ex-rental copy.

I think it's oop as Amazon haven't had it listed in a while and the 'new' prices on marketplace start at around £35.

Last edited by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs; 9th February 2014 at 05:28 AM.
Old 9th February 2014, 07:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post

A millions times better than the Jack Nicholson remake. It's one of my favourite Film Noirs.
Old 9th February 2014, 07:38 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
I believe it is the movie length pilot. I'm not entirely sure but I assume it is as each disc has a running time and the first disc which only has 2 episodes (Pilot & Episode 1) has the same running time as the others which have 3 episodes. There's also a special features disc, Not sure what's on that but I'm keen to check it out.
Cool. The feature length pilot wasn't on my original UK DVD set.

Yesterday I picked up....

crystal lake memories.jpg Twin peaks..jpg

Crystal lake memories is £12.42 from allyourmusic on marketplace. Has been over £20 for ages so grabbed it. Some mysterious seller (ahem) listed a version of Twin peaks gold edition with no box or discs. Z helpfully undercut them and I paid just under £6 for the set...
bdc, Pete, g053584398 and 3 others like this.
Old 9th February 2014, 07:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Cool. The feature length pilot wasn't on my original UK DVD set.

Yesterday I picked up....

Attachment 130283 Attachment 130284

Crystal lake memories is £12.42 from allyourmusic on marketplace. Has been over £20 for ages so grabbed it. Some mysterious seller (ahem) listed a version of Twin peaks gold edition with no box or discs. Z helpfully undercut them and I paid just under £6 for the set...
That gold box is the one I've been eying off for years now but never got around to it. So when I came across the releases I did yesterday, I knew it was time to pick them up! So happy I did!
keirarts and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 9th February 2014, 08:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I recently sold a couple of film noirs in my collection and THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE was one of them. Its a great film no mistake but I couldn't see myself watching it too often. The hot and humid setting of the diner on a deserted stretch of highway didn't really do it for me. I find myself enjoying the dark, dank inner-city noirs, e.g. FILE ON THELMA JORDAN, CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS, THE ENFORCER, etc, more than the out-of-town ones for some reason I'm not sure about John Garfield either, wasn't much of a fan of BODY AND SOUL or FORCE OF EVIL - I think its more his films I'm not so keen on rather than his performances though.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 9th February 2014, 09:05 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
A millions times better than the Jack Nicholson remake. It's one of my favourite Film Noirs.
Have you read the source novel? Worth tracking down if you haven't.
Old 9th February 2014, 09:09 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
I recently sold a couple of film noirs in my collection and THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE was one of them. Its a great film no mistake but I couldn't see myself watching it too often. The hot and humid setting of the diner on a deserted stretch of highway didn't really do it for me. I find myself enjoying the dark, dank inner-city noirs, e.g. FILE ON THELMA JORDAN, CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS, THE ENFORCER, etc, more than the out-of-town ones for some reason I'm not sure about John Garfield either, wasn't much of a fan of BODY AND SOUL or FORCE OF EVIL - I think its more his films I'm not so keen on rather than his performances though.
I know what you mean but what about the Hollywood set "sunny" noir, "In A Lonely Place". Dark at heart but bright in look!

Like this? Share it using the links below!