Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Rik 13th February 2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 392289)
What's it like? Worth buying?

Yeah, definitely, worth every penny and I expect it looks stunning in 3D too, but seeing as I don't have a 3D player or TV, I can't comment on that

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th February 2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 392291)
Yeah, definitely, worth every penny and I expect it looks stunning in 3D too, but seeing as I don't have a 3D player or TV, I can't comment on that

As a concert dvd how does it rate against Cunning Stunts?

Rik 13th February 2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 392292)
As a concert dvd how does it rate against Cunning Stunts?

It's more of a film really, there's a basic plot mixed in with the concert footage, and the Enter Sandman stunt from Cunning Stunts is repeated, just a bit more technical. I prefer the setlist on this, mainly for the inclusion of ...and Justice For All, which is a belting version!

Metallica Through The Never - Enter Sandman HD - YouTube

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th February 2014 07:00 PM

Are the songs complete or integrated with other footage?

Rik 13th February 2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 392294)
Are the songs complete or integrated with other footage?

Most of them are complete, off the top of my head I can only think of Cyanide that isn't, but I have the soundtrack CD anyway, so it didn't bother me

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th February 2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 392291)

Is it a set with a disc which contains the 3D and 2D versions? I only ask because when I selected the title at Lovefilm, a warning pops up saying I must have a 3D TV, player and glasses.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th February 2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 392295)
Most of them are complete, off the top of my head I can only think of Cyanide that isn't, but I have the soundtrack CD anyway, so it didn't bother me

Thanks for the info Rik. :)

From what i've read the story footage is quite poor and Metallica have come in for a lot of stick for it, so i'll leave it or at least pick it up for pence at some stage.

Rik 13th February 2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 392296)
Is it a set with a disc which contains the 3D and 2D versions? I only ask because when I selected the title at Lovefilm, a warning pops up saying I must have a 3D TV, player and glasses.

Yeah, two discs :nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 392297)
Thanks for the info Rik. :)

From what i've read the story footage is quite poor and Metallica have come in for a lot of stick for it, so i'll leave it or at least pick it up for pence at some stage.

Yeah, the story is pretty pointless, but the concert makes up for it IMO

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th February 2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 392296)

Ignore that – I've just looked at the specs at Amazon and see it contains two discs: one 3D and one 2D.

Linbro 13th February 2014 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up the local releases of 'Maniac' and 'Trick 'r Treat'.