Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

oaxaca 21st March 2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 397557)
Depends if it was done before or after the Italians 'lost' the HD master. Thats why the uk release is DVD only.

Haha they lost the master!? Sounds like a fiasco. I had the original '84 mediabook release and remember being impressed by the image sporadically. Some scenes were pin sharp but mostly were just decent, certainly acceptable (to me anyway :p). Not sure which transfer they used for that, probably just the same as the Italian release again.

I regretted selling that 1st mediabook (which is going for silly money now) so I'm glad I get a second bite of the cherry with this one! The 3D version of the film is an interesting addition, but I'm not 3D equipped so can't take advantage. Anyone who is should report on what its like, will be interesting to hear.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st March 2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 397599)
Haha they lost the master!? Sounds like a fiasco. I had the original '84 mediabook release and remember being impressed by the image sporadically. Some scenes were pin sharp but mostly were just decent, certainly acceptable (to me anyway :p). Not sure which transfer they used for that, probably just the same as the Italian release again.

I regretted selling that 1st mediabook (which is going for silly money now) so I'm glad I get a second bite of the cherry with this one! The 3D version of the film is an interesting addition, but I'm not 3D equipped so can't take advantage. Anyone who is should report on what its like, will be interesting to hear.

Silly money? I just sold mine for £15. Not bothered though.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st March 2014 08:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think HMV Argyle St ****ed up with this......only £6.99 but then again,it only has one disc while it states on the back there should be two discs with the director's cut on a dvd......time to email the gits.:nod:

I presume that's why it's been put back to next week?

oaxaca 21st March 2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 397606)
I think HMV Argyle St ****ed up with this......only £6.99 but then again,it only has one disc while it states on the back there should be two discs with the director's cut on a dvd......time to email the gits.:nod:

I bought it from the Coventry HMV for £6.99 the other day too but my one came with both discs luckily. 101Films did recall the first pressings because they only had the 1 disc by mistake... sounds like you got a first pressing. They'll replace it for you no doubt, must have been one that slipped through the net.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st March 2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 397606)

£6.99? I wouldn't have taken it for free! I'm waiting for Scream Factory's, with the possibility of the Director's Cut in HD, and a cover that isn't so cluttered. Why did 101 Films even bother?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st March 2014 11:15 PM

:lol: £6.99 hardly the end of the world.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st March 2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 397611)
I bought it from the Coventry HMV for £6.99 the other day too but my one came with both discs luckily. 101Films did recall the first pressings because they only had the 1 disc by mistake... sounds like you got a first pressing. They'll replace it for you no doubt, must have been one that slipped through the net.

Emailed them anyway mate.:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st March 2014 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 397616)
:lol: £6.99 hardly the end of the world.

You won't be saying that when the zombie apocalypse comes, law and order hasn't disintegrated yet, there's still 1 shop left, the food you need is £7.00 and all you have is £6.99 It'll be the end of the world then! :pound:

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st March 2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 397620)
You won't be saying that when the zombie apocalypse comes, law and order hasn't disintegrated yet, there's still 1 shop left, the food you need is £7.00 and all you have is £6.99 It'll be the end of the world then! :pound:

Won't he have 1p left?

He spent £6.99. ;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st March 2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 397621)
Won't he have 1p left?

He spent £6.99. ;)

No. He has 1p less than he needs :p